comment for John K re:Mothers

by bob(macvs2,fatboy, farnsworth, etc), Thursday, April 18, 2013, 22:47 (4182 days ago)

always have it in the shop for polishing aloodimum bicycle parts; dropped a bit into my reptile bedding tumbling media. WOW! some of the most shiney brass I ever have seen, better than factory. Is there any need to further remove the Mothers by washing or?????
bob

comment for John K re:Mothers

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Friday, April 19, 2013, 04:15 (4182 days ago) @ bob(macvs2,fatboy, farnsworth, etc)

Wow, Bob,I thought this was going to turn into a name calling match about you two's lineage real quick!!

I haven't used Mother polish but have added whatever liquid car wax is on hand for years. I have never clened it post cleaning and have had no issues. A lot of the time now, I'll toss my loaded rifle rounds in the cleNer for a little bit to remove the sizing lube and give it one last clean up. Can't say I've ever had any buildup or other issue due to the wax coating the loaded rounds. They sure do look pretty, though!.

LOL, I was thinking, "I don't remember insulting his momma?"

by John K., Friday, April 19, 2013, 08:57 (4181 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Nope, no need to do anything else.

by John K., Friday, April 19, 2013, 09:04 (4181 days ago) @ bob(macvs2,fatboy, farnsworth, etc)

Might be my imagination, but I think sizing afterwards is easier.

It also seems to help prevent the brass from re-tarnishing longer than regular polishing media.

Only thing to watch is not to add to much to the media - it will only absorb so much. Luckily, if that happens, just mix in more untreated media.

Nope, no need to do anything else.

by bob(or maybe not me!), Friday, April 19, 2013, 10:27 (4181 days ago) @ John K.

am really liking the relatively cheap reptile bedding as a tumbling media; plus, it's much more easily found out here than real name brand media and I don't have to pay shipping.

RSS Feed of thread