Jeff on Price Gouging...

by Boge Quinn, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 19:12 (4182 days ago)

Jeff on Price Gouging...

by rob @, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 19:43 (4182 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

See comments below:) Jeff's whit and wisdom...When you find it for the right price, buy you a bunch of it. If you live you'll need it and if you die the money won't do you any good anyhow:)

I don't like it either, BUT.

by John K., Thursday, April 18, 2013, 20:54 (4182 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

If a dealer or reseller doesn't increase his prices to "current", these guys will happily clean them out and resell at "current". The only crimp on that is to limit quantities, and there are ways around that, just as Jeff mentioned.

SO, we tell folks "don't vote for stupid people", "don't buy from these guys" and "stock up on supplies before the next cycle" and they don't listen. Oh, they talk big about "next time" a lot. Then the cycle repeats. And the frequency increases.

Unfortunately, I can't find anything to unseat my original opinion that it is just like the lottery - a Tax On The Stupid.

Jeff on Price Gouging...

by MNJon, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 21:37 (4182 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

He is it exactly right.

Your last point is right on...

by rob @, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 21:47 (4182 days ago) @ John K.

I do understand stores raising their prices some... They almost have to because they rely on that ammo sale to keep the doors open. When they can't get the volume they have to do something. I have no problem with that. And it's hard for a gun store to sell a gun if they don't have ammo to go with it. If they sale $13 9mm ammo for $20-$25 its less likely the resellers are gonna shop there and i dont mind paying a little more to not stand in a line. Business is business. It's the gunbroker gouging by those buying at retail and reselling at triple or higher cost that I don't like.

RSS Feed of thread