Wonder who has them now?

by Byron, Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 18:23 (4184 days ago)

You can bet AlQaeda in Syria or the Mo Bros in Egypt

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 18:29 (4184 days ago) @ Byron

...This admin has managed to arm our enemies in the Middle East and south of the border while striving to disarm us...On A related note: [image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

What's the truth of the matter?

by cas, Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 18:30 (4184 days ago) @ Byron

A week or so ago I read 20K rifles. Later one I read that was a mistake, it was 20K rounds of ammo, not rifles.

Haven't seen anything since as to which it really was.

Either way, both stories stink to high heaven. You don't leave 20k rounds of ammo in an unguarded warehouse, you sure as hell don't leave 20k rifles that way. An intentional "oopsie"? Who are we arming?

MILITARY ammo isn't stored in a warehouse, it is

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:59 (4184 days ago) @ cas

stored in an ammo depot. 24-hr armed guards, ammo bunkers, chain link, razor wire, whole 9 yards. It MIGHT be in a warehouse as it is moved by a commercial firm but I would think it would be more than 20 cases. We have 15 cases coming for the shop and that is nothing.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I note from the story that this stuff was

by mcassill, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 06:09 (4183 days ago) @ cas

Being stored by the Kuwaitis. Knowing what we do about the Arabs, I'm sure the guards were either told or paid to be absent.

+1

by Byron, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 06:11 (4183 days ago) @ mcassill

Oh, never mind... didn't read the article but you're right

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 07:12 (4183 days ago) @ mcassill

over there they are well distributed by now, whatever it was, whenever by whomever...

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Somedays...ask myself......

by John Meeker @, West End of Lake Erie, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 09:07 (4183 days ago) @ Byron

"So, how's this 'saving the world' thing working for our country?"

It has appeared to me for some decades, that we ssem to be following the traditional arc of Empire. The present administration, along with the politicization and Left-polarization of the 'independent media, the Left-lean of mainstream churches, and the subversion/ literal demoralization of the Education Monolith all appear to me as A Pathology similar in trends to past 'Glorious Rulers.' The centuries will roll on. but history will write as it always has, that the succumbing dominant culture shot it's self in the foot, repeatedly, before the Barbarians E'er Stormed the Citadel.

Just my distaste for the present Media blood-wallow, I suppose, but the New Civil War is very definitely being waged in this country. The murderous skirmishes we have all seen on TV, in the flames. The war still goes on, and I fear that more of the same is laid down for future "enlightenment of the masses."

Nothing new here, but true to tell, if this nation went without TV for a year or so, I wouldn't much care.

Wonder who has them now?

by Alfred John, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 11:14 (4183 days ago) @ Byron

Missing Rifles etc. Nothing new really. Back in the 1960's while various politicians were attempting to get some form of gun control through the legislature two railroad freight cars filled completely full of boxed well taken care of M1-Garands were stolen from the freight yards in Chicago. They were going to some storage in the eastern half of the U.S.. Not a one was ever recovered or located. At the time of this happening there was some racial tensions in the country and the congress critters were pushing to outlaw mail order guns and stuff. Many years later I don't know if these rifles were ever found. Also this was not mentioned in any of the media reports of that period. I still wonder where they went. Have a good day.

RSS Feed of thread