Anyone ever break there collar bone?

by woody, Monday, April 15, 2013, 19:48 (4185 days ago)

I broke my collar bone about 5 weeks ago. It's my left shoulder and I'm a lefty. Haven't been able to shoot much but pistols and my hornet recently for woodchucks. I can shoot fine right handed but prefer left.

Getting close to turkey season, May 1st which is my favorite thing to hunt. I take 2 weeks off during the season. I think I will stick to a 20 gauge and shoot right handed not sure how heavy recoil will be from off shoulder? I normally shoot a LH Benelli M2 Its not a 3 1/2". I'm probably the most anti 3 1/2" shell person around. Just don't need to shoot artillery to kill game. I still have one a super mag 870 but limited to 3" anymore. I have a 20 ga 870 that I shoot hevi-13 6's out of that is a good 40 yard gun so I'm set with that. Over the years I have probably shot 10 or so turkeys and just as many deer from the right side because of the shot offered.

To anyone that did break there collar bone how long did you wait to shoot? My doctor that is a hunter keeps telling me to wait another month or so.

I broke someone else's once.

by cas, Monday, April 15, 2013, 20:12 (4185 days ago) @ woody

He wasn't real happy about it.

I was GONNA say...but didn't...I used a Louisville slugger

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, April 15, 2013, 20:43 (4185 days ago) @ cas
edited by Rob Leahy, Monday, April 15, 2013, 20:51

in my defence, I wasn't trying to break his collar bone, I was aiming dead center for his skull...:-|

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

:) nm

by rob @, Monday, April 15, 2013, 20:45 (4185 days ago) @ cas

Anyone ever break there collar bone?

by Charles, Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 10:38 (4184 days ago) @ woody

Yes I did. It was 1954 and I was only shooting 22s. I rebroke it and you don't want that. Shoot handguns until the Dr. says different.

Endorse "not pushing it" ........

by John Meeker @, West End of Lake Erie, Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 11:51 (4184 days ago) @ Charles

I have a free-floating right clavicle due to not allowing it heal properly. Impact injury down hill ski stuff. Re-injury in Akido. Re-injury off a bike...lettum heal good, or they're trouble later. Light Weigh training may help it heal where it should be, if the doc prescribes

Thanks for all the info

by woody, Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 15:02 (4184 days ago) @ John Meeker

NM

RSS Feed of thread