CRAIG LUNA!

by John K., Monday, April 15, 2013, 18:07 (4185 days ago)

Finally remembered the fella's name. He of the 44mag Super Red complete with scope. That was another point of contention with Mr. J.; Scopes Do Not Belong On Handguns. Yessir, that's him.

Of course, all these other names were stirred up in the process of searching my dusty memory.

Deaf Smith
RodWMG (deceased)
Wilson Dew (deceased)
seeker_two
Mike Fletcher
Dennis Leahy (cabbie) (Had some issues with ex and child custody, then vanished)
Wayne Miller
Matt@the beach (Think he left 'cause everyone kept talking bad about California)
Combineman (Last I knew, he went from long haul trucker to driving trucks at INEL)
north "wet"
Wayne Miller
Mcump
William, or Wm.
HHI812 (Alaska, Dennis Madriaga, IIRC.)
John Ammeter
Heavy Duty Hoosier
Sixgun (PA? Had about a dozen Yorkies and lots of cool old guns)
CraigC
The infamous "Brian T." (Major jerk. He threatened to whip everyone on the board)
Alsatian

About half those guys are on FB some of the others on

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, April 15, 2013, 18:11 (4185 days ago) @ John K.

single actions.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

CRAIG LUNA! that was the name.

by cable, Monday, April 15, 2013, 18:14 (4185 days ago) @ John K.

Matt shows up on leverguns at times.

sixgun is there all the time.

Alsatian was on facebook,and may still be, but i got so sick of facebook, i completely canned it over a year ago.

Mcump, Mike Cumpston, i sorely miss, as I do AK Church.

Deaf Smith

by cas, Monday, April 15, 2013, 18:17 (4185 days ago) @ John K.

He's one I think about from time to time, wonder about his heath or if he's even still with us at all.
Jim was a large man, to put it mildly, with diabetes issues. I vaguely remember some talk of him possibly losing a foot at some point. (long after he vanished from "here")

CRAIG LUNA!

by rob @, Monday, April 15, 2013, 18:23 (4185 days ago) @ John K.

Alsatian is Scott Tschirhart, pretty much my best friend. We've both undergone a lot of changes since then...I'm not nearly as full of myself these days as I was back then:) Rod(WMG)-wants more guns! He was a pretty good guy. If I had heard he passed, I've forgotten. I suspect I've missed it. I do associate with quite a few of these gentlemen on FB. Louis Ballard, Wayne Miller, Mcump(He's a blast to go hunting with...been too long!)., a few others on FB too. I've made some great friends through this long line of forums. BrianT was the one that said the finish just falls off Glocks and was gonna show up at the CSA in Athens and whip my arse. I gave him my home address as well but never had the pleasure of meeting him:)

Deaf Smith

by John K., Monday, April 15, 2013, 18:23 (4185 days ago) @ cas

That's the last I remember as well.

CRAIG LUNA!

by lee jurras, Hagerman.NM, Monday, April 15, 2013, 18:34 (4185 days ago) @ John K.

Heavy Duty Hoosier, Was a HS and College student when he did most of his posting. He is now an Optometrist and a new Father as of the past year, still hunts with a handgun on his own farm, but testing and load development somewhat limited. A class young professional. :-)

Speaking of which..

by cas, Monday, April 15, 2013, 18:44 (4185 days ago) @ lee jurras

..anyone heard from "Scooter" lately?

The Nor' East guys are still in some contact with each other every once in a while, sadly not often. I think some of them never felt they were accepted/fit in here all that much though.

I'm scratching for names from the '99 meet up, like Ken Rice and um… they guys who's nickname was something Mountain Gun related or something??? People I met once and never again.

Speaking of which..

by lee jurras, Hagerman.NM, Monday, April 15, 2013, 18:48 (4185 days ago) @ cas

Last I heard he was driving a truck or operating a piece of equipment in Utah ??? :-P

He too is on Facebook.

by mcassill, Monday, April 15, 2013, 18:48 (4185 days ago) @ cas

Yep, driving a truck...

by rob @, Monday, April 15, 2013, 19:00 (4185 days ago) @ mcassill

And on Facebook. Now he goes by Scott lomc Leatham on FB. I never asked him if lomc stands for lounging on my couch or what:)

It's a motorcycle club he belongs to.

by mcassill, Monday, April 15, 2013, 19:03 (4185 days ago) @ rob

THAT makes sense:)

by rob @, Monday, April 15, 2013, 19:08 (4185 days ago) @ mcassill

Scooter's yungest just turned 6. He's working the oil patch

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, April 15, 2013, 19:08 (4185 days ago) @ cas

in the trans Utah/Colorado/Wyoming area.

--

I think IOMC

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Monday, April 15, 2013, 19:35 (4185 days ago) @ rob

Is the initials of his motorcycle club.

yep Iron Order ...I read the charter, good guys.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, April 15, 2013, 19:55 (4185 days ago) @ Dave B

--

Cas, Jim passed away a few years ago...

by matt/pa @, Monday, April 15, 2013, 20:43 (4185 days ago) @ cas

from his diabetes. He was a good guy.

Matt

Plus some more MIA's...

by Paul ⌂, Monday, April 15, 2013, 20:47 (4185 days ago) @ John K.

Here's your list with current virtual location of some of the guys along with a few more MIA's...

Deaf Smith
RodWMG (deceased)
Wilson Dew (deceased)
seeker_two
Mike Fletcher (FB)
Dennis Leahy (cabbie)
Wayne Miller (FB)
Matt@the beach
Combineman
north "wet"
Wayne Miller(FB)
Mcump (FB)
William, or Wm.
HHI812 (Alaska, Dennis Madriaga, IIRC.)
John Ammeter (FB)
Heavy Duty Hoosier
Sixgun (Leverguns)
CraigC
The infamous "Brian T."
Alsatian (FB)

fatboy
Rob Applegate
Lone Gunman
DMann
Don Sikes (FB)
KenG
Farmer (FB)
vrmn1 (FB)
Gumshoe

There's probably more that have come and gone. Mostly good folk, for sure.

FATBOY is no longer fatboy and posts here, today

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, April 15, 2013, 20:53 (4185 days ago) @ Paul

and on FB...another stellar individual!

--

Thanks Matt, kind of what I figured.

by cas, Monday, April 15, 2013, 21:11 (4185 days ago) @ matt/pa

That's too bad. :-(

I'll never forget the first time I saw him. The night of/before the first Nor' Easter. I finally pulled up into Joe's driveway around midnight or so. In the dark it looked like the Munster's house, or something the Manson family would be living in. lol :-D

I thought to myself "Oh good lord, what have I gotten into?" First thing I did before I got out of the car and walk to the house was strap on a loaded gun.

I knocked on that screen door and walked in and was greeted by the sight of that mountain of a man sitting on a over stressed little chair. ("Oh good lord, what have I gotten myself into!!??")

For those who didn't know him, Jim/Deaf Smith looked sort of like a cross between "Grossberger and John Quade, but had this kind of higher pitched, nasally voice that didn't really fit his body, but it did fit his personality. lol He was not at all what I expected.

Rest in peace Jim. :-(

Proly how Tony felt the first night at our place:-)

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, April 15, 2013, 21:19 (4185 days ago) @ cas
edited by Rob Leahy, Monday, April 15, 2013, 21:24

--

by Otony, Monday, April 15, 2013, 22:29 (4185 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Fatboy is Bob Mills. Don't believe he posts on FB, but he still occasionally posts here.

Otony

by bob/fatboy/macvs2/etcetcetc, Monday, April 15, 2013, 23:20 (4185 days ago) @ Otony

am not social, don't do social media. still a curmudgeon.

Maybe so, but you still....

by Glen, Monday, April 15, 2013, 23:56 (4185 days ago) @ bob/fatboy/macvs2/etcetcetc

...have good taste in guns and wine!

And once upon a time there were some ladies who posted here

by CJM @, Monday, April 15, 2013, 23:59 (4185 days ago) @ John K.

one was from Nebraska, Nebraska Cowgirl or something similar and one or two others at various times.

I'm mostly a lurker, but I do enjoy reading the posts and occasionally being able to add something.

And once upon a time there were some ladies who posted here

by CJM @, Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 09:08 (4184 days ago) @ CJM

KateSwims was another that I remembered this morning

Maybe so, but you still....

by bob, et al, Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 09:28 (4184 days ago) @ Glen

and friends!

That's her - the one I had remembered as a friend or local

by John K., Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 09:51 (4184 days ago) @ CJM

of Buck Elliot.

Didn't she spell her name with a "C" instead of a "K"?

Looking at the list, I did not realize so many had left...

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 10:00 (4184 days ago) @ John K.

nm

Buck is on Leverguns now and then...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 22:01 (4184 days ago) @ CJM

His son AND life's love both died. Kate sounds familiar, I hope it was not she that died...

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Looking at the list, I did not realize so many had left...

by uncowboy, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 03:28 (4184 days ago) @ Cherokee

DEAF Smith Deceased BIG JIM From The Noreaster.

I know where Wes Dakota is. (nm)

by Boge Quinn, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 07:54 (4183 days ago) @ John K.

nm

RSS Feed of thread