Can't believe I did that........

by Gunner @, St Louis, Sunday, April 14, 2013, 20:08 (4186 days ago)

Finally got to the range today, been trying for weeks, either a family matter or mother nature keep me from going........I had several guns to test/sight in with the new 22 suppressor, you can only do so much in the garage : ) Also the new Smith 57 needed test fired and sighted in, gonna take it as backup next month on my annual hog hunt. Dusted off the Kimber 45, been getting an itch to shoot a IPSC match, going through a little bit of withdrawl from not having shot a match in over three years.

All the guns have been tested, sighted in, shot some, then I get the Kimber out, some ammo, load the magazine and the round will not chamber fully. Thats weird, exject the round with a hard pull on the slide, round looks OK, try another, same thing, only goes in about half way and jams the slide. Clear it and try a third round, again same thing happens. Getting weird, clear the gun and magazine, check the barrel, looks OK, nothing in the chamber, run a bore brush thru the chamber area a couple of times then try loading a round from the mag, same thing, hangs up half way in. Now I am a little bit PO'd, I have never had a single issue with this Kimber, matter of fact it is my old match gun, double check the chamber looking for a bulge, blockage, hard lead build up, nothing, re-check the ammo, all looks good. I take apart the Kimber to get a better look at the chamber and as I am pulling the barrel I notice something odd....the barrel bushing is blued, it should be stainless, as I pull the barrel from the slide I roll it over......there's the problem!!! On top of the barrel hood it says SSK Industries, that solves the issue. I had forgotten I installed my 41 Avenger barrel several months back to do some testing and never switched back to the 45 acp barrel. Then I remember seeing the blued bushing earlier in the day when I was packing up to go to the range, just didn't dawn on me why it looked wrong. Oh well, lesson learned, and gives me an excuse to go shooting again next weekend. And yes, I have already installed the correct barrel in the Kimber.

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Did I sell you .41 Avenger dies years ago?

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Sunday, April 14, 2013, 20:57 (4186 days ago) @ Gunner

What part of town are you in? We have a new range opening up soon on Gravois.

Did I sell you .41 Avenger dies years ago?

by Gunner @, St Louis, Sunday, April 14, 2013, 22:26 (4186 days ago) @ Andrew

No, came with the barrel from SSK, bought the last one JD had several years back. He looked in the back of the shop and found the set on the shelf behind some boxes.

Live in High Ridge.

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

I thought I remembered them going to STL. Hmmmm.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Sunday, April 14, 2013, 22:31 (4186 days ago) @ Gunner

There was a GFG on the old board, almost certain that is who wanted them.

gfg is still here

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, April 14, 2013, 22:33 (4186 days ago) @ Andrew

good man.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Pulled much the same stunt a couple years ago.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 08:27 (4184 days ago) @ Gunner

Mine involved a convertible Ruger. Ammo in hand, proper cylinder at home.

RSS Feed of thread