OT: Proof of getting 'older'

by FOG, Saturday, March 23, 2013, 10:55 (4209 days ago)

Notice I didn't say you or I, just of...

Well, that won't last very long. :-D

1) You remember seeing Star Warsin the movie theatre [image]

2) You've begun thinking of four- or five-mile trips as really long ones [image]

True Life Story (Honest...)

I looked up Blockbuster today thinking I could post a self-righteous rant about how bloody far away it was to the nearest video store...

[image]

You can see how 'far' that got me... [image]

:-D

--
[image]

3 stages of getting 'older'

by Brien1, Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:38 (4208 days ago) @ FOG

1. You learn that everyone is stupid.
2. You learn that you are stupid.
3. You tell everyone the stupid things you do.

That explains it

by FOG, Saturday, March 23, 2013, 12:33 (4208 days ago) @ Brien1

I was wondering why I keep doing that. :-D

--
[image]

I refuse to get old.......

by Byron, Saturday, March 23, 2013, 15:18 (4208 days ago) @ FOG

In my clinic, I am surrounded with men that are failing before my eyes...heading south over a matter of a few short years...wrong...try to talk to them but they just won't listen.

I refuse to go down that road!

My 60th birthday is next month and I plan on the next 10 or 15 years to be the best of my life.

Head space, life style and purpose/focus in your life is what counts. If you get up in the morning to wait for what comes your way you are done for. If you know what's going to happen when your feet hit the floor you won that day.

The twins start high school next year, the red head has a few more wrinkles around her eyes and gets better looking every day. We have big plans for the year.

FYI...for all you guys on the board over 50...have your doc set you up with a injected testosterone supplement....it makes a HUGE difference in how you will feel and function...

Just so you know....if you get your testosterone blood level back to where it was when you were 17 it will change things...if you know what I mean....

Byron

Sounds like a plan

by FOG, Saturday, March 23, 2013, 15:34 (4208 days ago) @ Byron

Or just plain fun, I'm not sure which. :-D

On a serious note, it's true: It's all in your head.

Like a new car, though, mine came with a few extra 'parts' I don't need.

That leaves doing the best I can, which is still good enough for me. ;-)

--
[image]

Sounds like a plan

by uncowboy, Sunday, March 24, 2013, 05:52 (4208 days ago) @ FOG

Well I saw Star Wars in a Drive in! How old does that make me? J.Michael

Amen!

by rob @, Sunday, March 24, 2013, 09:01 (4208 days ago) @ Byron

I'm 45 years old, bench pressing 230 pounds and getting better looking every day...at least that's what my lovely wife says:) My goal is to hit at least 300 pound bench press before my peak has come and gone. Not on testosterone yet but I agree, when its time I will be. Live with purpose every day! There is much in life we can't control and a healthy dose of humility goes a long way but we can deliberately direct our lives or life's current will move us along and I choose the former.

Just to clarify....

by rob @, Sunday, March 24, 2013, 12:38 (4207 days ago) @ rob

I hope this post didn't sound like bragging. There was a time not too long ago that I was an arrogant twit. God had to beat me over the head and until I recognized life isn't about me:-| Wasn't fun but it was a good lesson though and life is far better now. Anyhow, my point was we don't have to take getting old as a given and there is much we can do to stay strong and healthy. Exercise, eat well and keep a clean pure and healthy mind:)

Crystal clarity

by FOG, Sunday, March 24, 2013, 14:04 (4207 days ago) @ FOG

I thought it was pretty funny, but I have to admit, I laugh at my own jokes. :-D

Since it wasn't, it seems odd that humor hasn't been mentioned.

If it's really 'all in your head', I'd say it's pretty important to have some.

--
[image]

I was gonna say something about the humor but...

by rob @, Sunday, March 24, 2013, 14:41 (4207 days ago) @ FOG

I forgot what we were talking about;)

Say again?

by FOG, Sunday, March 24, 2013, 15:18 (4207 days ago) @ rob

'Speak up, sonny.' [image]

:-D

--
[image]

RSS Feed of thread