Don't pick on a good guy

by John Meeker, Monday, March 11, 2013, 14:53 (4221 days ago)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=527494077303146&set=a.348326431886579.102113...

Don't pick on a good guy.....

Interesting and revealing key-strokin' there, folks. My read of them indicates considerably more wished-for ill will to mankind, than one would guess, from such Enlightened people. In fact, I was wondering if 'the Jews' wouldn't pretty well substitute for 'the Christians', when it comes to comparing similar historical rants from anti-Semites. Just take one of good ol' Adolf's diatribes. Substitute Christians - or gun owners - or pet owners - or property owners - and the intellectual model is the same.

Intolerance is a many edged and dangerous weapon, especially so when wielded by The One True Faith -- political, religious, ethnic, or just flat-out demagogic. One of the most radical men I know is also my example of a Hero. Who he is and what he does is of the highest order of spirituality, at a seaside village in Mozambique. He rings 24 carat, true -- and you'll have to take my word for it. He gave up his material life: his place, to follow a calling in a way that few enlightened people have the courage to do. How do I know he's on the money?

I died in a hospital bed and came back. Happens, y'know in modern hospitals. While I was "gone', there was nothing like white lights, angels and relatives, etc. You may believe as you wish, and are free to choose your own life here (which is still a side benefit of living in this much-maligned political heritage of ours) However, I have no wish to spoil your strong beliefs with my my own experience. You're just going to have wait for your own turn. But, let's just say that the linkage to cosmic advanced physics is considerably more simple than we believe....and was quite a surprise.

As to most of comments posted above -- you are throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Your choice, and welcome to it. While you are waiting for Utopia, tho, you might want to consider of what a totally controlled 'safe' State may comprise. I can recommend Solzhenitsyn 'Gulags' and Margret Bourke White's photos of another "great idea's " Kampf. By all means, choose to be a Lemming or migrating Wildebeest or what suits you. But don't be surprised to find that 'goodness' cannot be mass produced,, or even 'educated'. Nor can a wish for 'peaceful' and non-aggressive' be mandated.

Our genes 'will out'. We humans all still contain the beast, of which the early 20th century poet quoth , 'slouched towards Bethlehem' . It was well and truly manifest in that span, and not doing badly in the new one. It will not be hemmed in by well-meaning utopian ideas and laws. And sadly, appeasement is it's appetizer. Don't be a victim? Great motto....but chant it all you will....Cain and Sons will laugh, while they walk on your metaphorical corpses, or actual dead body..............I won't be coming this way again, but Blaine G is good man, and your criticism of him tells far more about you -- on this turn of the Cosmic wheel, than you believe. Adios.

Who? What? WHERE? WHY?

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, March 11, 2013, 18:09 (4220 days ago) @ John Meeker

"I won't be coming this way again, but Blaine G is good man, and your criticism of him tells far more about you -- on this turn of the Cosmic wheel, than you believe. Adios."

Rob

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I am missing something here

by Jhenry, Monday, March 11, 2013, 18:42 (4220 days ago) @ John Meeker

Not complaining, just saying, I appear to have missed the point or the message or something. I went to the link, I just don't get the connection.

Oh Boy..twern't you folks a'tall....was a brouhaha ...

by John Meeker, Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 15:41 (4219 days ago) @ John Meeker

elsewhere. As follows....

Thanks for inquiring. I came across the link on FB under Blaine's name. Went to read it and there was a rather nasty bunch of cyber-crap being poured onto Blaine.
However, I just checked, and I can't find Blaines posts there anymore, nor mine.

There was quite a passel of NewAge/leftie/etc hatred there, regarding him and his views, extending apparently to his homepage. Since it was obvious that the critics had the depth and substance of evaporating water, I whipped up my little 5-para Baffler, not realizing that I succeeded far too well in my mission!! The content apparently flat out mystified them, as the only reply I read said: "What did I just read?" But they musta figured it was dangerous stuff -- so it and the only reply I had are gone, now.

I posted on Sixshooter yesterday, just see if the Posse wanted want to jump in for the fun. An occasional cyber-knucklebuster lets off some political steam occasionally, tho' unless it's really eqregious, I don't bother. Those people were egregious. I don't do much on any BBS anymore, other than the Sixshooter bunch and some FB, as time is a bit more short these-a-days, making a living and all.

I hope that covers it, tho' the parting 'adios' to the piece, was something more like "Adios, MF'rs', regarding the lowlifes on whatever corner of cyberHell that place was. Basically, I lifted the corner of my keyboard and p-eed on their parade. As to the contents, they were constructed to alarm, baffle and dismay the lot of them, and apparently succeeded. However, it was in no wise remotely having much to with here, other than to amuse.

BTW, and privately, If anyone is alarmed at my theology, they may take comfort that I have an unshakable faith in whatever name people want to put on the Existence of God, and the Goodness thereof. And Jim Taylor has reawakened my rather sleepy beliefs, with his right to the chase ideas. I imagine him and that guy from Galilee are gonna have some real lively conversations about their respective ministry, someday Jim's right on the beam, and due North when it comes to understanding and living the essential Gospel. That's just me,

So, 'no worries, myte. tisn't about you folks.

John

PS< and thanks to those who privately voiced their concerns. Now I know that someday in the future I'll most likely be missed...but trust me...I'll still be in very good company, then.

John, that's a relief!...

by Boge Quinn, Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 17:10 (4219 days ago) @ John Meeker

...it's good to know that, in a world full of goobersmoochers, our little corner is not infested.

RSS Feed of thread