Greg Rodriguez killed

by woody, Monday, March 11, 2013, 00:09 (4221 days ago)

I just read this on single action forum. Very sad. I really like Greg's writing in shooting times.

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1284437#bmb=1

Greg Rodriguez killed

by Charles, Monday, March 11, 2013, 07:10 (4221 days ago) @ woody

Keeping company with a married woman in a very dangerous activity. Depending on the husband, it is safer to hunt griz.

Agreed

by cubrock, Monday, March 11, 2013, 08:37 (4221 days ago) @ Charles

Regardless of whether there was an hanky-panky involved, the wise man does not spend time alone with a married woman who is not his wife. I'm praying for both families.

Agreed

by Charles, Monday, March 11, 2013, 09:42 (4221 days ago) @ cubrock

If you go to married woman's house for lunch and wine, or whatever, don't sit with your back to the door.

While I realize I do not know one way or the other what was

by John K., Monday, March 11, 2013, 10:05 (4221 days ago) @ Charles

going on there, what surprises me is the number of people that cannot seem to see the impropriety involved and where that might lead. I remember Billy Graham stating that he never stayed in the same motel as his female assistant. Not just to protect appearances, but to protect against a week moment.

I have attended quite a few "business dinners" with members of the opposite sex, but they were in public restaurants, not her mother's home at 10pm. Still, there might be a perfectly reasonable explanation for this; however, the husband didn't seem to buy it.

Actions have consequences and this one ended about as bad as can be imagined.

PRAY FOR HIS FAMILY. WHATEVER THE

by SIXGUNNER @, IDAHO, Monday, March 11, 2013, 10:06 (4221 days ago) @ Charles

CIRCUMSTANCES HIS WIFE HAS TO DEAL WITH IT AND HIS KIDS HAVE TO GROW UP WITH IT.

True Words.

by Charles, Monday, March 11, 2013, 10:56 (4221 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

nm

After 37 years in the local church ministry

by Charles, Monday, March 11, 2013, 11:00 (4221 days ago) @ John K.

I realize there are a small percentage of people who are looking for a reason to be critical and find fault with the clergy. Graham is dead on correct! If it not enough just to avoid doing wrong, you must not do things that some folks can spin into something bad.

I was very, very cautious about my dealing with women and money. I have been criticized for many things, but never those two.

Apparently he didn't pay attention to those who've gone

by Paul ⌂, Monday, March 11, 2013, 11:02 (4221 days ago) @ woody

before...

For jealousy enrages a husband,and he will show no mercy when he takes revenge. He will not be appeased by anything or be persuaded by lavish gifts. ~ Proverbs 6:33-34

It matters not if there was or was not a "romantic relationship", the fact that they were together was enough to set off the husband. I'm sorry to hear this happened, may God give peace to the families affected.

I learned from my grandpa

by Paul ⌂, Monday, March 11, 2013, 11:09 (4221 days ago) @ Charles

that one NEVER visits a woman alone. Always, if possible, take your wife. Years back, before the "sexual revolution" even, he was asked by a woman in the congregation for a visit. He said, "Fine, I'll be there at such a time on such a day." On that day at the appointed hour he arrived at the woman's house together with my grandmother. The woman opened the door clad the same way she arrived in the world, albeit not as messy as her birth would have been. She was, shall we say, taken aback that the preacher showed up with his wife and it was his wife that got the full impact of the view offered. I do not know if that woman was married or not, but either way she had less than honorable intentions towards the preacher.

Have been and will continue to do so

by cubrock, Monday, March 11, 2013, 11:14 (4221 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

There are no winners in this situation.

RSS Feed of thread