Solution to the Glock problem...

by rob @, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:29 (4221 days ago)
edited by rob, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:44

[image]

Hmm...double image...

by rob @, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:31 (4221 days ago) @ rob

Seems like this was easier on the laptop than with an iPhone:)

You know you can EDIT your posts, right?

by FOG, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:38 (4221 days ago) @ rob

Upon opening your post, the EDIT button appears in the lower right-hand corner.

Once you click that, you can delete one of the image links.

Let me know if you need a screenshot. :-D

--
[image]

You know you can EDIT your posts, right?

by rob @, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:45 (4221 days ago) @ FOG

Got it:)

Editing posts (Screenshot)

by FOG, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:52 (4221 days ago) @ FOG

This is the location of the 'button' for editing your posts on the forum.

[image]

Note that it will only appear in your post if you are logged onto the forum.

HTH :-)

--
[image]

Forgot to mention

by FOG, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:56 (4221 days ago) @ rob

Kewl 'rosco' you got there! :-D

--
[image]

Oh yeah? Well MINE don't have...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 21:07 (4221 days ago) @ FOG

the big red arrow ;)

Looks like a good solution to me - enjoy !

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 21:50 (4221 days ago) @ rob

nm

Thanks...now I have serious dilemma...

by rob @, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 21:50 (4221 days ago) @ FOG

Which one should I carry??? I like them both, shoot them equally well and can't pick a favorite.

That does sound vexing

by FOG, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 22:28 (4221 days ago) @ rob

FWIW, I'd suggest switching off from time-to-time.

That's what I do.

Any firearm that is regularly carried is subject to loss for a variety of possible of reasons.

Because of this, I think it's a good idea to have a spare carry gun that is identical to your primary (or very nearly identical to it). Actually, if one can afford it, I think it should be a priority.

In your case, it looks like you have the spare base well covered, whichever way you go:
Single- or Double-'Your-Pleasure'-Stack. :-D

In my case, it's pseudo-twin J-frames: It's usually been my Model 342 AirLIte Centennial the last couple of years, but every now and then I'll tote my Model 638-1 Airweight Bodyguard.

[image]
Clockwise from lower left: Smith & Wesson M37-2, M638-1, & M342 with Spyderco 'Jess Horn' C27P

And what about that spiffy, satin nickel Model 37-2 Airweight Chief Special?

Why, that one's just fer Show-And-Tell. :-D

--
[image]

Sounds like you been taken

by FOG, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 22:33 (4221 days ago) @ Sarge

As in, 'Takin' one too many'... :-D

--
[image]

Those Smiths are really nice!

by rob @, Monday, March 11, 2013, 00:08 (4221 days ago) @ FOG

One of these days I'm gonna kick the "I have to carry a big gun" thing:) I gave my wife my Taurus Ultra-Lite (SP?) 38 but I carried it quite a bit as well as a Model 66 with a 2" or 2.5" barrel. THAT was a sweet gun and one I dearly miss!

Thanks! I like 'em

by FOG, Monday, March 11, 2013, 01:09 (4221 days ago) @ rob
edited by FOG, Monday, March 11, 2013, 01:14

(SPG Edit)

I bought Bodyguard new over 15 years ago. It hasn't been shot much, but it's been carried a lot. A whole lot. I just recently 'refinished' the cylinder using gray Scotchbrite and Mineral Oil, so it still looks pretty good.

I got the Centennial used, so I don't know the round count. I've only carried it the last two years or so, and pretty much always using a Clipdraw, so it's still looking good, too.

The Chief is basically NIB. I was sorta savin' it for 'Ms. Right', but she's still AWOL, so I'm fixin' to trade it in on somethin' . . . newer. :-D

--
[image]

One thing about the 'small' ones

by FOG, Monday, March 11, 2013, 01:29 (4221 days ago) @ rob

It might not be news to anyone, and some might disagree, but I think it's easier to carry and conceal two lightweight J-frames without hammer spurs than it is one example of just about any 'real' gun you can name.

If I want, or even if I think I need one of those, it's still a .45 Government Model for me . . . backed up by a J-frame.

Otherwise, it's usually just the J-frame, and by far most often it's only one-at-a-time, not two.

--
[image]

One thing about the 'small' ones

by rob @, Monday, March 11, 2013, 07:45 (4221 days ago) @ FOG

I had a dream...seriously:)...a few years ago that I was still working for Hudiburg Chevrolet and for whatever reason I was upstairs in the hall where the conference rooms were where we'd often have classes on something or some such. All of a sudden I heard gunfire from short classIII weapons and a group of 6 masked BG's were shooting folks and taking them hostage and I was carrying that Taurus 38 with 5 rounds and no spare ammo. I was hiding under a table hoping they didn't find me and then I woke up. That was the last time I carried that Taurus :-| I know it's irrational because I wouldn't try and go up against six guys with full autos with both my Sigs and spare mags unless I could hide and snipe em off one at time but it was one heck of a scary dream!

Relax & Take Two...

by FOG, Monday, March 11, 2013, 08:28 (4221 days ago) @ rob

They're small. :-D

--
[image]

Thanks...now I have serious dilemma...

by Gunner @, St Louis, Monday, March 11, 2013, 17:14 (4220 days ago) @ rob

Rotate them, I do with my Baers, sometimes I carry the Commander, sometimes the 5 incher, kinda depends on my mood.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

I do like me some Sig

by Jeff Taylor @, Tampa FL, Friday, March 15, 2013, 09:50 (4217 days ago) @ rob

I have a P220, a P228, a P229 9mm, and a P239 9mm. None of mine have rails though. The 228 is a 1991 W German and the 220 is a 1996 with the W over struck during the German reunification. I love them all and they rank at the top of my modest heap.

--
Colonel, USAF (Ret)
NRA Life Member

RSS Feed of thread