"Nastoff" Combat Commander spotted @ GB

by FOG, Friday, March 08, 2013, 10:29 (4224 days ago)

Steve Nastoff Colt Commander Custom 1911 45 acp on GunBroker

In my opinion but small experience, this Seller is generally on-the-ball, but in this case, I have my doubts.

I have a Nastoff-built Combat Commander, and mine is marked "NASTOFF" under the slide stop. The gun is also fully documented, including the original receipts, still in the envelope they were mailed to the original owner by Mr. Nastoff.

On the upside, I suppose the auction does give some idea of 'value', but I think only a vague one.

I am actually surprised the Seller would make the claim he does. In my mind, the work does not match: The gun does not have a 'Nastoff' hammer or his trademark sculpted beavertail. I wouldn't buy the gun on that basis alone.

I thought of bringing it up with the Seller, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be welcome.

Anyway, you guys are 'warned': Personally, I'd stay away from this one.

--
[image]

No Reserve! Started at $2,499.99

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, March 08, 2013, 11:03 (4224 days ago) @ FOG

this kills me... Cool gun, just the same!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by uncowboy, Friday, March 08, 2013, 12:03 (4224 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I would have to agree. Maybe Steve built it but parts were swaped. Steve would have NEVER let that checkering on the mainspring houseing leave his shop. Or the finish on the extended safety for that fact. J.Michael

by Edward Young, Or those sights, Friday, March 08, 2013, 14:09 (4224 days ago) @ uncowboy

I'd go $1000, if I had it.

Checkering skewed ! Pits in the thumb safety ! No way

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, March 08, 2013, 17:59 (4223 days ago) @ uncowboy

nm

That's really a pet peeve of mine...

by Boge Quinn, Friday, March 08, 2013, 13:49 (4224 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

...really chaps my butt.

RSS Feed of thread