Browning Hi-Power Magazine Question

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 13:59 (4225 days ago)

Do all of the different iterations of the Browning Hi-Power in 9mm use the same magazines? I'm looking for a couple of extras to go with my newly acquired Hi-Power and wanted to make sure I didn't end up with magazines that don't work.

Thanks.

Yes, all the Hi-Powers do, but...

by JD, Western Washington, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 14:40 (4225 days ago) @ Remington40x

All the p-35's (Hi-Powers) use the same mags, but the Hungarian FEG clones are not true Hi-Powers and I don't believe they use the same mags.

My favorite mags are Mecgars or Browning / FN. If I were in your place, I would try to find some made by Mecgar as they make the factory mags and are top quality and seem to have better availability.

Some people like the surplus mags from Argentina, which were made for their licensed FM Hi-Powers, but I've never used any of them...

JD

Yes, all the Hi-Powers do, but...

by Charles, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 15:15 (4225 days ago) @ JD

I don't know who made them, but I bought some Hi-Power mags from Brownells, and they work very well.

Mec-Gar 15-rd mags are A1, ditto factory 13-rd. Argie

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 18:56 (4224 days ago) @ Remington40x

mags, not so much but they will work, usually. Hungarian mags will work, too but you might need to open up the bottom of the catch cut a hair. The Mec-Gar 10-rd mags work as well but, then again, they are 10-rd magazines... CDNN used to have plenty of these magazines at the best prices. Don't know if that is true now.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I have heard/seen repeated reports . . .

by Kentucky, Friday, March 08, 2013, 09:18 (4224 days ago) @ Remington40x

. . . that the S&W Model 59 was designed to use the same magazines as the Browning Hi-Power pistol, but have no personal experience to clarify this.

Anyone here able to add to this?

Not suggesting the S&W mags will work, just curious.

;-)

Browning Hi-Power Magazine Question

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Friday, March 08, 2013, 14:41 (4224 days ago) @ Remington40x

Thanks to all of you for your assistance. I ordered three MecGar 15 rounders.

RSS Feed of thread