I Wonder Sometimes

by Drago, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 12:45 (4225 days ago)

A couple of weeks ago I ordered some parts from Brownell's. Among them was a Marble's slot blank. I mistakenly ordered a nickel plated one rather than blued and returned for an exchange. I sent it back to them in a small padded envelope.Yesterday the replacement arrived in a 6"X6"X9" box. Seems like overkill for such a small part.

I Wonder Sometimes

by Gunner @, St Louis, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 20:11 (4224 days ago) @ Drago

Thats odd, usually small parts come in a padded envelope from Brownells, must have been a lazy employee who didn't want to get the proper packaging and used what was at hand.

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

I Wonder Sometimes

by Drago, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 20:29 (4224 days ago) @ Gunner

Besides the box, there were two of those ballonn packing bags too. I don't think even the post office could break a slot blank.

OR< they were OUT of padded envelopes and cost bedammed ,

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 20:56 (4224 days ago) @ Drago

they were going to deliver as fast as possible.;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

The balloon man is my hero.

by cas, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 21:39 (4224 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Sometimes Brownells / Midway send padded envelopes. Sometimes when I don't expect it. Often when I do, they don't. Must be something to do with what's on hand, in stock or near by.

To me, the man who invented those packaging bags is the greatest inventor the world has ever know. Forgot the invention of the telegraph, the atom bomb or the George Forman grill…. this dude figured out a way to put air in a bag and get people to pay for it. Genius!

You mean Brownells hasn't 'gone Green'?

by FOG, Friday, March 08, 2013, 08:48 (4224 days ago) @ cas

Tsk, tsk... :-D

--
[image]

And no more packing peanuts...

by rob @, Saturday, March 09, 2013, 02:55 (4223 days ago) @ cas

He really is a genius. Probably saw Hilary Clinton and an epiphany about air bags or something;)

RSS Feed of thread