Well, that was 'close'

by FOG, Wednesday, March 06, 2013, 02:35 (4226 days ago)

Somebody once said 'you should never go grocery shopping when you're hungry', which is probably good advice, except for one thing: GunBroker is on 24/7, and it's the cravings that never go away, not the store.

While I was hardly thinking of it as a consolation prize, I'm glad I spotted the 617 before I saw this.

Otherwise, I might be in real trouble. :-D

'This'
[image]

The 617
[image]

The 617 should be here later today... :-)

--
[image]

It IS 'close'...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, March 06, 2013, 07:05 (4226 days ago) @ FOG

Ammo Craft is a LGS about 20 miles from here. It's a small strip-mall shop and their inventory is, ahh, well, I have more 'inventory' in my sock drawer usually. They do have a decent selection of reloading components and supplies. The owner is a good guy (rabid turkey hunter---how can he not be?) Reminds me, I need to stop by there one of these lazy Saturdays...

I just picked up one of those Backpackers...

by matt/pa @, Wednesday, March 06, 2013, 07:36 (4226 days ago) @ FOG

That's cool.

by FOG, Wednesday, March 06, 2013, 07:52 (4226 days ago) @ matt/pa

VERY cool. [image]

Can I claim 'first dibs' if you decide to sell, or am I just:
1) Barking up the wrong tree
2) ****ing in the wind
3) A day late and a dollar short
4) All of the above

:-D

--
[image]

Get in line Bubba, I claimed dibs first.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, March 06, 2013, 11:37 (4226 days ago) @ FOG

I think I need to make one sans the holes.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

That part is easy Rob...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, March 06, 2013, 11:43 (4226 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Find one of the Bulldogs with the aluminum barrel shroud and simply shoot it. Soon, you will have a barrel sans sights...and shroud.

This I know to be true.

Yep my old Blued Shrouded Bulldog Pug did that...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, March 06, 2013, 12:50 (4225 days ago) @ Hoot

too. The tapered stainless barreled all SS framed Bulldogs were the best they ever made.

--

RE: The tapered stainless barreled all SS framed Bulldog

by FOG, Wednesday, March 06, 2013, 13:45 (4225 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I've been looking for one of those for a long time, but either I just missed them, the price was too high, or the condition of that particular specimen was too far gone.

Now, I'd be happy to find a really nice blue one, but it's pretty much the same story with those.

I have a feeling, though, I'm better off without one.

I couldn't take .45 ACP recoil in the Bowen custom S&W '1917/50' with prewar Magnas that I traded to Glen, so I kind of doubt I could handle a Bulldog, even if it had Goodyear grips.

In terms of recoil, I top out somewhere around .38 Special nowadays.

--
[image]

Like this one? (Still gloating)

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Wednesday, March 06, 2013, 18:52 (4225 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

[image]

Just got the skinny grips today from an Ebay auction.

That's just mean!

by FOG, Wednesday, March 06, 2013, 19:04 (4225 days ago) @ Andrew

:-D

--
[image]

THIS NEXT time, when you sell it, let one of us in on the

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 08:16 (4225 days ago) @ FOG

deal.

--

The last year has been my time to fix old regrets.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 19:54 (4224 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I started with finding the woman I should have stayed with over 20 years ago and winning her back. Now it is time to rebuild the lost loves of guns and motorcycles. This time I keep all of them until i'm gone.

I hope SO!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 20:24 (4224 days ago) @ Andrew

I truly do Andrew.

--

I'd also prefer it unported

by FOG, Wednesday, March 06, 2013, 12:37 (4225 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

But I believe I'd make an exception. :-D

--
[image]

RSS Feed of thread