FREETAGH! 'Ruger Rear Sight Tool'

by FOG, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 01:39 (4229 days ago)
edited by FOG, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 01:49

(SPG: Spelling, Punctuation, Grammar)

This afternoon, I took the Short Tour around one of the local Flea Markets (aka, 'Antiques' stores...) in search of an
old-skool-yet-sporty, hand-held bottle opener.

Good news: Mission accomplished! :-D

I also stumbled onto this and thought the larger driver would probably work well for adjusting the windage screw on Ruger OEM rear sights:

[image]

As you might guess, the smaller driver screws into, and forms the end cap for, the larger one:

[image]

Since I am virtually awash in high-quality, 'miniature' screwdrivers (my other hobby is eyeglasses), I acquired this driver for one purpose, and one purpose only: FREETAGH! (It only cost a dollar...)

If anyone wants it, I will also cover shipping by Priority Mail this time.

'First come, first served.' :-)

--
[image]

by Gunner @, St Louis, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 02:02 (4229 days ago) @ FOG

That is pretty neat....I'll take it" and I will even pay the shipping. Thanks

Gunner

You got it, Gunner.

by FOG, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 02:06 (4229 days ago) @ Gunner

Please email me your snail mail address, and I'll send the 'Ruger-Combo-Eyeglass-Driver' to you ASAP.

Since I have another package to deliver to the PO, that should be early next week.

:-)

--
[image]

You got it, Gunner.

by Murphy @, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 10:55 (4229 days ago) @ FOG

One thing a fella can't have, is too many screwdrivers.

If you tinker on your own guns, fishing reels or other smaller things. Eventually you will run across that one dang screw you ain't got nothing that will fit it correctly.

Murphy

You got it, Gunner.

by Gunner @, St Louis, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 13:06 (4228 days ago) @ Murphy

I did :-D
Pretty cool little screw driver and like you said you can never have enough little ones, always come in handy when dealing with guns.

Gunner

¤ Shipped! ¤

by FOG, Monday, March 04, 2013, 15:22 (4227 days ago) @ Gunner

Email also sent with tracking info.

[image]

--
[image]

Thanks.

by Gunner @, St Louis, Monday, March 04, 2013, 20:16 (4227 days ago) @ FOG

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Furr sure.

by FOG, Monday, March 04, 2013, 21:15 (4227 days ago) @ Gunner

:-D

--
[image]

by Catoosa, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 19:21 (4228 days ago) @ FOG

FOG, I guess you didn't get the rest of the ensemble - those two little screwdrivers were once part of a set of a set of four that screwed together and formed the handle of a small hammer. These things were common back in the day. Got one in front of me right now that we still keep in the kitchen drawer. Dime-store stuff back then, but like many of yesteryear's cheap tools, the durn thing is made of better steel than many fancy tools made today.

The Hammer?

by FOG, Monday, March 04, 2013, 00:11 (4228 days ago) @ Catoosa

The nice lady behind the counter failed to hit me over the head with it, so I didn't see that part. :-D

(But I have to admit I am one...) [image]

--
[image]

Actually, Catoosa,

by Paul ⌂, Monday, March 04, 2013, 17:13 (4227 days ago) @ Catoosa

the larger screw driver doesn't have a threaded section. Are you SURE it is part of that ensemble? Grandma had one of the ones you're describing but haven't seen it in so many years that I don't recall for sure - but I THOUGHT it also screwed together. The hammer was (in my opinion) quite useless. But the screwdrivers were pretty slick for small tasks around the sewing machine (where Grandma kept hers)

Yep, you got it, Paul

by Catoosa, Monday, March 04, 2013, 20:57 (4227 days ago) @ Paul

Those are actually the two smallest screwdrivers. They screw together, and fit into a threaded cap, which in turn screws into the butt end of a third, larger screwdriver. THAT in turn screws into the butt of a fourth, still larger screwdriver, which has a threaded shank and screws into the hammer handle.

I have seen one that had a chintzy claw-head, which was pretty useless as a hammer. The one I have now has sort of a ball-pein head, and seems to be pretty good quality. It's marked "MFG BY GAM MFG CO LANCASTER PA".

Got pics?

by FOG, Monday, March 04, 2013, 21:18 (4227 days ago) @ Catoosa

I believe you about your 'GAM Tool', I'm just real visual. :-D

TIA

--
[image]

RSS Feed of thread