Attn: Murphy (of recent pre-27 fame and fortune...)

by FOG, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 16:01 (4229 days ago)

I was digging around in the 'gun box' today, and I came across something you might like to have for your
'new-to-you' − and darn near LIKE NEW − Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum (aka, pre-27).

Actually, there are two items: The mop & brush that came with a minty pre-27-in-the-box that I owned for a short while about 15 years ago.

Note that both are the factory items, not some vintage or modern 'take-offs': They're the real S&W deal.

They're also in about the same condition as your revolver: Essentially unused.

Last but not least, they're FREETAGH, if you want them. Send me your address, and I'll send you the mop and brush.

I'll even cover shipping by Priority Mail.

Let me know... :-)

PS: Yes, I know it's not kosher, but I did pilfer the mop and brush from Collectordom, then banished them to Obscurity. You can call this my Atonement. :-D

--
[image]

Attn: Murphy (of recent pre-27 fame and fortune...)

by Murphy @, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 16:39 (4229 days ago) @ FOG

I will gladly accept your offer. I know this will ease your long suffering pain and free your mind of the burden of having pilfered them. I too, have made mistakes in the past.

Now drive as the man use to say, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSnQ0bdHW0s

Email sent!

Thank ya'!

Murphy

That'll work!

by FOG, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 16:51 (4229 days ago) @ Murphy

[image]

--
[image]

Here's a quick pic of the S&W 'M&B'.

by FOG, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 21:48 (4229 days ago) @ FOG
edited by FOG, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 02:01

(SPG + Added more info...)

As seen here, the bore brush lightly 'marked' one side of the mop, presumably from prolonged contact. (The other side of the mop is 'clean'.)

[image]

For possible future reference, the length of the mop, plus the brass cores of both, are the characteristics that mark these as Smith & Wesson artifacts from the early 1950s. (And, of course, the relatively well-known history
of this particular Mop & Brush Set...)

The pre-27 these items came from was a Gold Box gun, and as I recall, its S/N was between S100,000 and S105,000.

The set should be in the Mail and on its way to you by early next week.

:-)

--
[image]

Here's a quick pic of the S&W 'M&B'.

by Murphy @, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 10:52 (4229 days ago) @ FOG

Suh-weet!

Thank ya' FOG.

Murphy

¤ Shipped! ¤

by FOG, Monday, March 04, 2013, 15:23 (4227 days ago) @ Murphy

Email also sent with tracking info.

[image]