Spring cleaning-Marlin 94 butt stock, 45 Colt dies, brass...

by rob @, Friday, March 01, 2013, 20:01 (4230 days ago)

Been trying to organize my reloading room and getting the gun related stuff in the bed room into the reloading room. I really need to get rid of a lot of stuff I no longer need. I'm gonna dig into this a lot deeper this weekend to see exactly what I have but for starters...

-RCBS 45 Colt carbide dies, the pilot for the expander die is turned down to around .448" IIRC to get a good tight bullet pull. Has SWC stem, round nose stem, spare round nose stem and a seating stem ground flat for very wide nose bullets. Shell holder, Lee Autoprime shell holder, Lee factory crimp die, Lee case trimmer gauge and shell holder (case trimmer cutter not included). $40 Shipped

-New Starline brass. I "think" it's all 500 cases in the box. I will double check before sending. Have lots more brass in good shape that's used but good...some slightly, some more than others. Not exactly sure what its worth yet but if interested ill get it tallied up and we can come up with something we both think is fair.

-2 Unopened 100 ct. Boxes 45 caliber 250 Hornady XTP/HP. They are $24.99 at Midway + shipping and out of stock. How about $45 and I will pay the shipping and throw in a few misc. bullets I have left over like 250 Nosler, 300 grain XTP/HP. It's just a few but you might be able to use them and I have no need of them.

-Marlin 94 butt stock new still wrapped in brown paper from Marlin. Fits Model 94's with straight grip...walnut. Another not sure what its worth. Make me an offer if interested.

I could use some Sig P220 mags or ACP bullets, a good 200 grain SWC ACP mould like the H&G 68 or a 220-230 truncated cone mould preferably non bevel base. I'm open to suggestions/offers/trades/whatever:)

I'll take the dies, bullets, and let's talk about the brass.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Friday, March 01, 2013, 20:19 (4230 days ago) @ rob

5shot44@gmail.com

I'll take the dies, bullets, and let's talk about the brass.

by rob @, Friday, March 01, 2013, 20:23 (4230 days ago) @ Andrew

Sounds like a deal Andrew:) Ill figure out just what I have in brass sometime tomorrow afternoon and will get back with you. Thanks,

rob

Spring cleaning-"Marlin 94 butt stock"

by Otony, Friday, March 01, 2013, 20:24 (4230 days ago) @ rob

Is it checkered or smooth?

I am interested either way. Not sure what it is worth, but I think Brownells sells 'em.....

Otony

by rob @, Friday, March 01, 2013, 20:25 (4230 days ago) @ Otony

It is checkered Otony. I'll look at Brownells and see what they say.

by rob @, Friday, March 01, 2013, 20:32 (4230 days ago) @ Otony

The only one I saw on Brownells was from Precision Gun stocks, smooth and with crescent butt and no butt plate for $78-$79 or so...forgot already:) How about $45 shipped? It has the factory rubber Marlin butt pad on it too.

rob

by Otony, Friday, March 01, 2013, 21:32 (4230 days ago) @ rob

OK, sounds good.

Please email me with your info.....

aveni1955 at g mail DOT com

Thank you!

Otony

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 17:58 (4230 days ago) @ Otony

Tony, are you replacing a buttstock? I have a pair of 1894's for my two boys. I wouldn't mind having a beat up one to cut down so they could start shooting a bit earlier. If you have a rough one, let me know; I'd be interested.

by Otony, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 19:56 (4229 days ago) @ Slow Hand

I am not all together sure what I am doing! I have a Marlin 30TK that was rebarreled to .25-35 by a fellow in Pendleton. It is set-up as a rifle, nose cap, etc.

However the rocket surgeon/brain scientist who did the work made it a 19" barrel, rather than the 22+" I had requested. Long story there, but i am too sad to go into it much.

It looks so bizarre with that long rifle forend and the short stubby barrel that I have never even fired it. I think I am going to pull the barrel and sell it, then reinstall the original thutty-thutty tube. The buttstock will replace the birch stock it came with, and I will track down a walnut forend in due time.

When the wounds heal I will find another gunsmith with a .25 caliber blank and a better tape measure........

Otony

by rob @, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 20:20 (4229 days ago) @ Otony

Otony,
I'm not sure this buttstock will fit a Marlin 30-30/336 sized frame. I'm assuming the Marlin 30 is the same size as a 336. I'd hate to sell you something that won't get you closer to your goal. If it won't work please don't feel obligated.

rob

by Otony, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:41 (4229 days ago) @ rob

It will work, never fear.

Otony

PS: mo sent

Good Deal...

by rob @, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 08:00 (4229 days ago) @ Otony

Just wanted to be sure:)
rob

Sold! Possibly more to come...

by rob @, Friday, March 01, 2013, 22:10 (4230 days ago) @ rob