FA 454

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Friday, March 01, 2013, 14:07 (4231 days ago)

Since I had to go to work early today, after breakfast I skipped the chore of getting my casting area ready to go for tomorrow, and decided to clean and oil my FA, I had negelected to do so after my last outing 2 weeks ago, can't believe it slipped my mind. Well I discovered I am going to need to carry a srewdriver with me when I go target shooting, after 70 rounds, 2 of the grip frame screws were very loose, and the base pin screw was loose to the point it had allowed the base pin to move under recoil, not good. I check the screws every time I shoot and every time I clean, so this was a real surprise. Not very happy with myself.

A multi tool is a good thing to carry at all times.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, March 01, 2013, 14:11 (4231 days ago) @ Dave B

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

A multi tool is a good thing to carry at all times.

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Friday, March 01, 2013, 14:16 (4231 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I cannot disagree. Thinking some Loctite 242 for the gripframe screws.

One of the first things I did with the Model 83 I had...

by FOG, Friday, March 01, 2013, 14:27 (4231 days ago) @ Dave B

Was to blue-Loctite the grip frame screws.

The base pin lock screw never loosened on mine, but the gun was only a .44 Magnum... :-D

--
[image]

Use 222 (purple) instead. Doesn't need reapplying each time

by John K., Friday, March 01, 2013, 17:47 (4230 days ago) @ Dave B

The screw is removed.

Thanks

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Friday, March 01, 2013, 19:07 (4230 days ago) @ John K.

Thanks John, that sounds even better.

RSS Feed of thread