Things are a little bit crazy now, but sometimes.....

by Harry O-1, Friday, March 01, 2013, 11:19 (4231 days ago)

you just have to go with the flow.

Luckily, I stocked up with everything I need over the last year or so. I have been so disgusted at seeing what was going on at gunshows (and pawnshops and gunshops) since Sandy Hook, I have decided to skip gunshows for the next 6 months or so. However, I am buying more guns now than I ever have.

A couple of months ago (right after Sandy Hook), a guy at work asked me if I wanted to buy his CZ-75 Compact in 9mm. The price he was asking was reasonable and I no longer have any hi-cap, wunder-9's, so I bought it. Turns out it is a surprisingly accurate gun for a hi-cap, wunder-9, better than some higher priced ones I have owned in the past. I am not sorry I bought it. He wanted to use the money towards an AR-15.

Just this week, another guy at work asked me if I wanted to buy his Ruger GP-100 4" in stainless. The price he was asking was reasonable, so I bought it. He wants to buy a hi-cap, wunder-9. No, I didn't sell him the CZ-75.

I have also had 4 people approach me asking if I would load 9mm's or .223's for them. I have said no, but I would loan them a box (free of charge) until they could get on a waiting list at one of the gunshops in town and get some of their own. So far, no one has taken me up on that.

I've had guys I haven't heard from in 30 years...

by Boge Quinn, Friday, March 01, 2013, 12:39 (4231 days ago) @ Harry O-1

...asking me if I could/would sell them an AR or ammo for same. Things are crazy.

So far I haven't bought a single round...

by rob @, Friday, March 01, 2013, 19:07 (4230 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

since all the panic buying started and I flat refuse to go get in on the Academy gun counter rush. I ordered 500 cast bullets for my .45 ACP's from Penn Bullets that just shipped today and I've bought a couple hundred 230 FMJ/ball bullets. Hopefully the panic buying will stop sometime this year but who knows. I am being very careful to ration in case this becomes an extended panic session.

Starting back last summer

by RidinLou, Middle TN, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 09:58 (4230 days ago) @ Harry O-1

I had planned some powder and AR parts purchases.

Figured if I bough an upper, and lower parts kit I would build one.

I was running short of Red Dot and figured I would replace it with Promo.

Well all the stuff happened and then there was no supply of any of it to mull over.

Now I wish I had kept a bunch of Hornady plastic tipped bullets I got shed of.

Oops My bad!!

RSS Feed of thread