Our Nation's treatment of our vets

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 11:07 (4236 days ago)

Under the current administration is criminal. I won't bore with my own story, but this one has me very angry.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/23/new-york-army-vet-facing-7-years-in-prison-o...

by D. Wheeler, Central Texas, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 13:19 (4236 days ago) @ Dave B

This is so much BS. If the New York Gov (Cuomo) or his Attorney General had any cahones which they don't, this would be stopped immediately. Something similar happened to a person in New Jersey last year when Gov. Christie intervened and stopped it. Sadly, there are to many politicians who think Ovomit is on the right track. Quiet a few States are trying to follow the lead of Cuomo and Kalif. The arresting officer(s) should have handled the situtaton far more differently, knowing what the outcome for the former soldier would be. It is heartening to see a defense fund has been established and growing. There is no way in hell I would go on vacation to a state to visit relatives or pass thru it if they voted for Ovomit/Befuddeled (Biden).
Recently, I saw an article in another gun site but it was gone when I went back to view it again. A Dem,legislator (Sternberg) in Kalif has introduced a very bad bill. The site I finlly tracked down was "Off Grid Survival. com" Once the site comes up, go to Archives, then to Feb 2013. On the second page you can view it. :-(

I believe they want to make service itself a punishable

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:42 (4236 days ago) @ Dave B

crime. Odd isn't it but, as often happens, this sort of approach/view of the military has been the subject of several science-fiction stories. THAT is important in that several different authors saw the root of such beliefs and their possible result long ago. The conundrum is that they need people to serve and do these violent things for them but don't trust them once they do. Their response, rather than a logical one of "he served once he will continue" is replaced by the emotional "he is like a dog that was startled and snapped at me, he must be put down."

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Like the gunhands in an old western

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:49 (4236 days ago) @ Hobie

They wanted him around, until the dirty work was finished, then the "civilized" become fearful of them. I prefer to be one of the uncivilized, at least under the surface.

Like the gunhands in an old western

by sarge101, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 20:46 (4235 days ago) @ Dave B

There are a lot of veterans like myself that Love this country, but dont trust the government, if you know what I mean.;-)

I stand in those ranks.

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 22:10 (4235 days ago) @ sarge101

;-)

I do understand...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, February 25, 2013, 07:31 (4235 days ago) @ sarge101

I meet many veterans with a similar view.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Ronin...Only wanted as bodies in warfare regected by the

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, February 25, 2013, 19:25 (4234 days ago) @ Hobie

society they serve...I don';t care about the rest: REAL Americans care about our vets.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Alfred John, Monday, February 25, 2013, 09:59 (4235 days ago) @ Dave B

I just finished Chris Kyles' book, " The American Sniper", towards the end of the book he does go into what is wrong with the treatment many Vets get and are facing. It was good reading. He was very active in helping former soldiers, marines and so on. Too bad he had to be killed by a loser. From the book it sounded as if he was a positive asset to help others and quite a hero in his own right. Powerful stuff all the way through. Just thought I would pass it along.

Bias runs deep.........

by Byron, Monday, February 25, 2013, 10:38 (4235 days ago) @ Dave B

My son is a reserve Marine Sgt with two combat tours in Ramadi who separated from the Corps in 2010 and is now going to engineering school...

He was wearing a USMC moto tee shirt to school one day and was called a "baby killer" by the fag professor in front of the class.

He stood and informed the professor that he had never killed any babies....

It was not discussed again.

Byron

Good for him.........

by Catoosa, Monday, February 25, 2013, 22:11 (4234 days ago) @ Byron

What is really scary is that scum like that are teaching our kids.

One of the few times I have lost my temper in public was in a restaurant a few years back. The punk kid waiter walked up to our table wearing a t-shirt that basically said the same thing about veterans. I stood up, gave him my best U.S. Army issue cussing, and walked out.

The restaurant owner, whom I had known for a while, sent me an apology by a mutual friend, informed me that the kid no longer worked there, and invited me back. I went, of course. and continued to be a regular customer until I retired.

I very much agree with what Captain Woodrow Call said: "I can't stand rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate hit".

my brother was in college during Viet Nam and a hippie

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 07:44 (4234 days ago) @ Byron

Was asking people to sign an anti-war petition. An ex-marine (if there is such a thing as an EX marine) offered to make him eat it if he didn't get off the campus. Funny the hippie didn't hang around long after that...

my brother was in college during Viet Nam and a hippie

by Byron, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 09:26 (4234 days ago) @ stonewalrus

No ex-marines....

Byron

Bias runs deep.........

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:22 (4234 days ago) @ Byron

At K-State? What the hell has happened to that place? Of course, the engineering school was always a bit different...

RSS Feed of thread