Where To Buy/Order Ammo These Days???

by ~JM~, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:56 (4238 days ago)

I have been out of the loop for a while pursuing other facets of life. Recently it has been occuring to me that I need to purchase some more ammo to replace what I shot up a while back. Does anyone have any leads on where to find availability & good deals on a case of 7.62X39 & some 45ACP? What brands of 7.62X39 are available out there that are non corrosive & is there any brass case stuff, or is it still steel case?

Thank you
~JM~

Good luck

by woody, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:36 (4238 days ago) @ ~JM~

NM

Prices are of course way up, but if you need it.............

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 21:01 (4238 days ago) @ ~JM~

LGS had a case of ~1000 762x39 for $600, a little high

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 22:41 (4238 days ago) @ Dave B

nm

Where To Buy/Order Ammo These Days???

by cubrock, Friday, February 22, 2013, 06:56 (4238 days ago) @ ~JM~

Be patient and don't pay those high prices. 7.62X39 is coming back in the supply chain. Have seen steel-cased Tula Ammo brand at $300/1000 round case recently at more than one store. It had been going for under $250 before all this mess, so it is coming down. I imagine supply will be up far faster than all the dealers are telling everyone and we'll see a lot of people stuck with stuff they paid too much for.

Amen on not paying scalper prices.

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Friday, February 22, 2013, 09:09 (4238 days ago) @ cubrock

An old acquaintance in KC called last week to tell me he had 3-4K of 7.62x39 he was willing to part with. Turns out he's buying it up at current prices and flipping it to panic gun-show buyers. Basically he had spam cans of 1260 for $825.00 or Wolf FMJ for $7.50 a box- my price. Everybody else, he was charging 2-3 bucks more per hundred. I couldn't help but laugh when he got stuck with the spam can, which was selling around $250 before the current stupidity.

Tula 7.62x39 FMJ is beginning to surface again. This is good, accurate ammo and I prefer it to random FMJ in that caliber.

Until things normalize I am waging unconventional warfare on the ammo shortage. By contacting friends who I knew had sold a SKS, AK or Mini 30 in the last couple of years, I scored about 300 rounds of Wolf FMJ in the last 3 weeks, all under WalMart prices. And of course I'm grabbing a few boxes of Tula from them too, whenever they have it.

I know a guy who just paid THREE GRAND for 1K of 5.56...

by Boge Quinn, Friday, February 22, 2013, 09:21 (4238 days ago) @ Sarge

...and he already has a couple thousand rounds! Said he needed more for the coming fight against an oppressive Government. I told him he was crazy, the Feds will put an unmanned drone up his ass before he gets off 500.

Ammunition Depot has .45 hollow points at least

by mcassill, Friday, February 22, 2013, 09:24 (4238 days ago) @ ~JM~

Amazing. I remember when an SKS + 1K ammo was $150.

by John K., Friday, February 22, 2013, 09:35 (4238 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

Bought three SKS paratroopers for $69 each.

Never thought I would see the day when my ammo pile was worth more than my guns. :-(

I would initially think this would drive more people into reloading except components are scarce also.

Bad time to get caught short.

Georgia Arms website says they are completely out of stock

by stonewalrus, Friday, February 22, 2013, 09:40 (4238 days ago) @ ~JM~

And won't have any more ammo (they load their own ammo) for 2 to 9 months because they can't get components.

If a person hasn't been buying all the ammo he could since

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, February 22, 2013, 09:55 (4238 days ago) @ ~JM~

2007, he hasn't been paying attention. And as was said, lay off for now the chain will back fill as folks calm down production catches up. And like post Y2K; there will be a certain amount of surplus via sheepish panic buyers. at the same time, I see folks that are hording ammo and reloading components for guns they don't own...buying commodities on spec, I suppose...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Holee Sheet....

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Friday, February 22, 2013, 11:16 (4238 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

That is just nuts on a number of levels.

Crazy buying is what fuels the current market situation; if nobody will give over $350 per thousand, the price WILL come down.

And you are exactly right about the drone. Fighting, literally, for whats left of the Bill of Rights is going to come down to a personal decision, on a day not of our choosing. Expect to die for what you believe in. But don't kid yourself about the outcome...whatever ammo you don't have on you, is just going to be hauled off anyway.

People have no concept whatsoever of what the military

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, February 22, 2013, 11:58 (4238 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

capabilities are OR that the government is willing to use all of them against us.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

There are ways to have some success against such a force

by mcassill, Friday, February 22, 2013, 13:16 (4238 days ago) @ Hobie

Most of the people talking loudly on the subject haven't a clue about them.

There is a chink in every set of armor

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Friday, February 22, 2013, 15:09 (4238 days ago) @ mcassill

One need only know how to find it, nothing is invincible. We are a "Super Power", yet we have been at war for over a decade with people carrying mostly AKs and RPGs, are we winning, I like to think yes, but that will be for the historians to decide.

hope our military including the gaurd will stand on citizens

by cable, Friday, February 22, 2013, 15:56 (4238 days ago) @ Sarge

side. not on the side of the constitution usurping oppressors.

If a person hasn't been buying all the ammo he could since

by ~JM~, Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:02 (4237 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I just returned from one of the local gun shops about an hour ago. I couldn't buy anything there. It wasn't because my pockets were empty... I just couldn't stand the "NEW" atmosphere & the pricing. Usually this store has plenty of inventory & fairly reasonable prices, but there were plenty of bare shelving this time. Looks like CCW type pocket auto's & any kind of "Black Rifle" are flying out the door. There wasn't even any 22LR ammo available for sale!!!

I'm fortunate in that I have a certain inventory that I maintain, I just thought that maybe I should add some more for insurance. Guess I will just ride this one out for a while. Thanks everyone.

~JM~

That is the situation in our shop. We got in several bricks

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:17 (4237 days ago) @ ~JM~

of Lapua .22 LR match ammo and that is what people are buying in order to have .22 LR... @ $7.99 (well, we do discount a bit, usually) a box of 50.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread