So you think ammo's getting expensive?

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:23 (4240 days ago)

Here's some prices I just got from the Shooting/Hunting Federation for 12 bore national built shot shells, price per box of 25...

Hunting 32 Gram #8 $17.33
Skeet 24 Gram #9 $14.90
Trap 24 Gram #7 1/2 $14.90

Prices approximate in US $$...

For handgun ammo:

38 RNL is up to $125 per 100
9mm FMJ is up to $143 per 100

22 LR Aguila Standard velocity is about $150 per brick...

wow, YOU HAVE .22lr AVAIBLE? Snap it UP.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:20 (4240 days ago) @ Paul

it's all gone. or allocated one local dealer received a single 50 round box of .22LRs yesterday.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I would if I could...

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:51 (4240 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Still trying to figure out how to get that 12 bore, don't have a 22 at this point. Different info from different sources make even pinning down the price on the shottyguns they're supposed to be bringing in this year difficult. Rumor has it that the Army will be selling the Browning B525 at $4,000 US, but another rumor has it that through the Federation we'll be able to get them cheaper... pinning down accurate info ain't easy.

I found some 22 LR today ...

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 20:03 (4239 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Winchester in the 100 round red see thru box, $8.99 per 100. Trouble is it was at Academy and even though they had about 20 boxes, it's limit one box per customer on 22LR, .223, 9mm, etc.

Later I stopped at a little pawn shop in Texarkana (traveling today). Two 500 ct boxes of Winchester Wildcats @ $45 each, and Two more of Remington Golden Bullets for $50 a box of 500.

Luckily I have enough 22LR at the house to shoot the rest of my life and train all my grandkids and somebody is still going to have a load of 22 ammo when I die.

Columbia should be the poster child for showing gun control

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:14 (4239 days ago) @ Paul

Laws don't work. Strictly controlled sales of guns and ammo and exhortibantly high prices with the highest murder rate in the world (or so I read recently). Mexico would come in close anf of course Chicago.

Actually, Mexico has us beat on the murder rate... and

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:26 (4239 days ago) @ stonewalrus

their gun control laws are even worse!

City in Honduras is now the murder capitol of the world

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:25 (4239 days ago) @ Paul

Juarez, just down the road from me held it for like 3 years in a row, but they have slipped to #15. Government claims it was due to their efforts, word on the street is there is now only one drug cartel in charge, and that has brought relative peace to the city. The drug cartels are in the drivers seat, if we disarm, won't be too long before they will have the same control here.

City in Honduras is now the murder capitol of the world

by Big Six, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 16:28 (4239 days ago) @ Dave B

I have never been to Honduras but on the subject of ammo it is the same as here in Kentucky. The shows (I am told) that have 22 ammo in 500 packs (plus or minus) are rare but when available sell like hotcakes at $50 per box. Such is life.

I gave up on being politically correct years ago when I was still a regular attendee at this forum. Consequently, forgive me when I speak inappropriately for public consumption. One of Obama's unintended consequences is that he has done more for the firearms industry fiscally than a world war.

Rob... keep working on that spelling.

Keep yer powder dry.

Big6

RSS Feed of thread