Rob Leahy, front and center please!

by Mark Stevenson, Friday, February 15, 2013, 06:47 (4245 days ago)

Rob, I recently acquired a couple of semi auto pistols and I need leather for them.
First, a Smith & Wesson 1006, for this I'm thinking it could use a retention strap, as it'll be a field or open carry piece.

Second, an H&K USP9 with a "JetFunnel" This one would be open top as an OWB concealed carry. This should have a reinforced top for easy re-holstering.
These are my thoughts at the moment, I am open to other suggestions as well.

I'm thinking I heard you were making a Cuda style for autos. Is this correct?

I know I could just call and order, but it's more fun to throw it out there for discussion.

It's funny, on the H&K I've never seen the need for a magwell funnel on a double stack pistol, but for the 1/2" longer grip you get to use the LEO only AWB era 18 round mags vs. the 14 round standards. This one came with 7- 18 round mags, and for less than $800, it was too good to pass up.

Can do the 1006 easily. The HK presents a problem in that I

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, February 15, 2013, 08:34 (4245 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

haven't found a proper form gun for that model. That was a great deal on an interesting pistol. The Tribute (To Roy Baker) is probably what you are looking for a pancake with thumb break retention.

http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Tribute.cfm?item_id=158&parent=669

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

HK is no problem...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, February 15, 2013, 08:44 (4245 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Mark will bring it to CSA. You will take it back to the SR compound with you to build a holster. You then return it to Mark with his new holster next year.

See? No problem.

Oh and he better bring his magazines too for, uhhh, oh yes, "proper fit", that's right...

HK is no problem...

by Mark Stevenson, Friday, February 15, 2013, 08:50 (4245 days ago) @ Hoot

Hey that sounds great! Wait, a year? Umm, can I think on that?

I will bring it to CSA, I'm really happy with it so far. I haven't found the load that shoots to the sights yet, but we're getting there.
Rob, I'll give you a call.

Mark

Got the messege, was out of town for the weekend.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 20:05 (4242 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

:-)

--

Come on Mark , post pictures of that 1006

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Friday, February 15, 2013, 15:43 (4245 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Been looking for a nice 1006 for awhile.:hubbahubba:

Come on Mark , post pictures of that 1006

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Friday, February 15, 2013, 19:33 (4244 days ago) @ Fivegunner

Yeah,pics of the 1006 I've been lusting after one for years. Dennis

Sure thing fellas,

by Mark Stevenson, Saturday, February 16, 2013, 02:03 (4244 days ago) @ Dennis Eugene

I'll take some pics this morning after I get home from work.

Pics for those interested S&W 1006 H&K USP9

by Mark Stevenson, Saturday, February 16, 2013, 17:01 (4243 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

OK, so it's not morning to you folks, but it is for me.
Let's see if I remember how to post pics, it is img code correct?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v376/MarkBGA43/?action=view&current=IMG_6626_zps2...

[image]

[image]

[image]

Oh, Nevermind I have a USP or three... I thought I saw "PSP"

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 21:47 (4242 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

:-D

--

Cool, I have an order to make then...

by Mark Stevenson, Monday, February 18, 2013, 01:33 (4242 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Should I order through your website or call?

A Tribute for the 1006
A 1 1/2" laminated belt @ 42"
A Cuda for the USP
All in oxblood.
I will follow up with a phone call on Monday afternoon.

I see you are busy, if they are made by CSA I could pick them up there, or you can ship them later if there isn't enough time before then.

Mark

I can have them at CSA. If you can order through the website

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, February 18, 2013, 12:28 (4242 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

we are slammed.

--

Will do, and thanks. Looking forward to CSA!

by Mark Stevenson, Monday, February 18, 2013, 14:56 (4242 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

We'll see you folks there.

Order complete, thanks Rob

by Mark Stevenson, Monday, February 18, 2013, 15:10 (4242 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

;-)

RSS Feed of thread