Olympic Arms cuts off sales to NY gov't entities

by mcassill, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 15:11 (4246 days ago)

Press Release: Olympic Arms, Inc. Announces New York State Sales Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller - 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago - 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.

In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York - henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.

If the leaders of the State of New York are willing to limit the right of the free and law abiding citizens of New York to arm themselves as they see fit under the Rights enumerate to all citizens of the United State through the Second Amendment, we feel as though the legislators and government entities within the State of New York should have to abide by the same restrictions.

This action has caused a division of the people into classes: Those the government deems valuable enough to protect with modern firearms, and those whose lives have been deemed as having less value, and whom the government has decided do not deserve the right to protect themselves with the same firearms. Olympic Arms will not support such behavior or policy against any citizen of this great nation.

Olympic Arms invites all firearms manufacturers, distributors and firearms dealers to join us in this action to refuse to do business with the State of New York. We must stand together, or we shall surely fall divided.

Sincerely,

Brian Schuetz
President
Olympic Arms, Inc.

Bully for them!

by Boge Quinn, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 15:49 (4246 days ago) @ mcassill

Amen

by Jhenry, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 16:47 (4245 days ago) @ mcassill

Let's hear it for Olympic Arms.

I hope this example serves to spur other manufacturers to do the same.

What's going to happen when....

by woody, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 17:24 (4245 days ago) @ Jhenry
edited by woody, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 17:51

The same laws pass in the rest of the country? Kind of limits your customer base!!! Also that is what NY government wants anyways. Nothing coming into our state. They will always get what ever they need. It sounds good but means nothing

Good for them though. But what percentage of LE sales are Olympic Arms anyways? Probably the smallest percentage of AR sales. So that is easy for them to say. Every LE dept I know has Bushmaster,Colts etc. Now lets see them do the same thing that will mean something!!!!

One good thing that happened recently is the northeast outdoor show was cancelled because vendors boycotted it. They had a new rule that said no assault type guns at the show. Now this is the biggest outdoor show that I'm aware of in the northeast it's in Pennsylvania. One local company to me that call dips guns and pretty much anything was big in boycotting it. This hurt the show promoters financially.

York Arms

by cas, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 17:29 (4245 days ago) @ woody

Olympics LEO sales in NY was probably zero, but it's a nice gesture and I hope it catches on.

York Arms
"York Arms - NY deliveries
Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York. As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies.

For "civilian" customers residing in New York:
At your choice, we will:
complete your order and ship to a dealer of your choice outside of NY
refund your payment in full
hold your items here for up to 6 months, at no charge - if you are in the process of leaving NY and taking residence in another state.

For LE/Govt customers in New York:
Your orders have been cancelled."

And do they buy directly from Olympic or through

by stonewalrus, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 20:10 (4245 days ago) @ woody

a distributor?

Most of the states are NOT going to pass laws like NY did

by cable, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 23:08 (4245 days ago) @ woody

aint happening here, or in the south or in montana,idaho,etc.

:-P

Most of the states are NOT going to pass laws like NY did

by woody, Friday, February 15, 2013, 05:02 (4245 days ago) @ cable

It could on the federal level!!!

No it's not. I see you're still hoping they do though.

by mcassill, Friday, February 15, 2013, 06:03 (4245 days ago) @ woody

So if you had cancer you'd want everybody else to get it?

by stonewalrus, Friday, February 15, 2013, 06:17 (4245 days ago) @ woody

It is not our fault you live in a communist state!

So if you had cancer you'd want everybody else to get it?

by woody, Friday, February 15, 2013, 07:22 (4245 days ago) @ stonewalrus
edited by woody, Friday, February 15, 2013, 07:32

Man you guys are great around!!! Just giving you a heads up that it can happen everywhere. Did i ever think this would happen here. No!!!! Stonewalrous what do you even know about NY? If you told me you lived here then I would respect your opinion. Ever been here? Like most you will probably say been to NYC. Ive been all over the country and I still like my state. It has everything I want. Hunting and fishing and for all around sportsman it's great. I like when everyone say just move. Why should I have to move from my home. This is my home. But to quote you we have cancer here it is NYC!!! And everyone wants to associate us with the city. I've been everywhere in my state except NYC. Never been there now will I. What state do you live in?

What I'm sick of is everyone bashing NY for all the ills of the world. Blaming everything on us. If you did know everything about NY you would know all the sheriffs,county boards,SCOPE etc are fighting it and refusing to comply. I have yet to meet anyone that is going to comply or a law enforcement officer that will enforce it. Including the state police . I love armchair quarterbacks. Easy to say when you don't live here and have all the answers.

What's going to happen when they pass the next set of laws that have nothing to do with firearms and everyone says I'm not obey that either. I think the government got themselves into a big mess and now are saying what do we do now? Everyone including non avid gun owners had enough!!!

If you can't tell this does piss me off and when in my post above did I wish it on you? Just giving the heads up. Every state can pass all the laws they want saying we will not comply to federal laws etc. but when it comes down to it the Feds will have the last say unfortunately. Especially in most the states mentioned that are small and not very populated. The Feds have endless resources.

I hear you Woody, but...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, February 15, 2013, 07:58 (4245 days ago) @ woody

There are two reasons I don't live in NY despite the allure of the Adirondacks and centuries of family history there. #1, the gun laws. They've always been worse than any other place I've lived and at one time that INCLUDED CALIFORNIA. #2 are the taxes. You might not believe the huge number of displaced New Yorkers living here in Staunton, VA because of these two things. While the first come out of a family are often retirees, they soon get their kids to move down here to the land of freedom. They don't want to live in a place where they have to break the law to do what's right.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I hear you Woody, but...

by woody, Friday, February 15, 2013, 09:45 (4245 days ago) @ Hobie

Yes taxes are a whole other topic. And I'm aware of all the people that head south. I have many friends that have but they always tell me how they wish they stayed or miss it but the main driving force is always taxes or mainly work. One friend missed alot with his dad after leaving now he's gone. I couldn't imagine not see my parents everyday or all the hunting and fishing I do with my dad and boys. I refused to be driven out plus I have too much here to miss. I'm probably the most family oriented person around. I would miss them all. Speaking of the adirondacks. That is where I will go when I retire but I love the finger lakes and Lake Ontario too. Awesome fishing and duck hunting for late season divers. I will be ice fishing for Perch this week. They are in. We shot a ton of bluebills in the late season.
I just don't have a lot of need for anything east of the Hudson River!!!!
They will not drive me out. Just need to resist.

makes you wish NYC could just be separated from the rest of

by cable, Friday, February 15, 2013, 11:37 (4245 days ago) @ woody

I have friends in upstate. it is beautiful there, and outside of NYC most folks are conservative or moderate, etc. in fact were it not for NYC think NY would mostly be aligned with southern and western states on most political issues. it is a personal choice, with many factors. i moved from the east to alaska in 1984. i do miss a lot of things [ squirrel hunting for one ] but all in all, i have no regrets.

makes you wish NYC could just be separated from the rest of

by woody, Friday, February 15, 2013, 12:13 (4245 days ago) @ cable

If I had to move Alaska would be high on my list. One thing I would miss here is the whitetails and turkeys though. Now days it is come to how many deer you want to shoot. You can pretty much get as many tags as you want for does. At one point i had 9 between bow and gun I stopped after filling 7. Can only use so many. I do enjoy squirrel hunting. I try to get out a few times a year on a nice fall day with my marlin 39. No one hunts small game anymore. Most only deer hunt now.

The rest of the state blames NYC for everything.

by cas, Friday, February 15, 2013, 17:22 (4244 days ago) @ woody

I hate to sound like I'm sticking up for NYC, that's the last thing I'd ever do, but placing all the blame there is just incorrect. A look at any voting map shows that.

If NY state could break off from NYC, they'd have to break off from Long Island, Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and a long list of other cities as well to make it actually work they way they think it would.

The rest of the state blames NYC for everything.

by cable, Friday, February 15, 2013, 21:26 (4244 days ago) @ cas

for most of non-new yorkers, NYC includes Long Island; but it is sad to here that buffalo and albany are just the same. thought they were a bit better.

Unfortunately states with one or two major population center

by stonewalrus, Friday, February 15, 2013, 12:02 (4245 days ago) @ woody

such as New York with New York City, Illinois with Chicago, California with LA and San Francisco, etc. ends up being the rest of the state gets screwed for the will of the liberal idiots in charge of those cities (no doubt voted in by the "takers" in society rather than the producers.).

same thing in Pennsylvania; pittsburg and philly nearly ruin

by cable, Friday, February 15, 2013, 13:00 (4245 days ago) @ stonewalrus

an otherwise beautiful state filled with super folks. if you look at the political map of PA, outside of the cities, it would be one of the most conservative freedom loving states in the USA

I had a non-resident carry license thanks to a western PA

by stonewalrus, Friday, February 15, 2013, 17:02 (4244 days ago) @ cable

Sheriff - send him a photo, a copy of your resident carry permit from your state and $20 and voila!

It's a good start;

by Drago, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 18:20 (4245 days ago) @ mcassill

Now if Glock, S&W, Colt, HK, SIG, Ruger, FN, Remington,and Mossberg, along with the ammunition makers would follow suit it might just get their attention.

I don't see that happening.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 18:32 (4245 days ago) @ Drago

nm

I don't either.

by Drago, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 18:43 (4245 days ago) @ Cherokee

But so far it's the "fringe" companies not the big boys who are standing up for the 2nd Amendment.

I don't either.

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 20:34 (4245 days ago) @ Drago

Well I'll tell you what if I start looking for a new gun I'll look long and hard at Olympic Arms. Dennis

Voice of bitter experiance here: DON"T!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 22:01 (4245 days ago) @ Dennis Eugene

crappy service delivered late with broken parts unusable A1 iron sights. Mag release failed towards end of 3 day class.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

"Voice of bitter experiance here: DON"T!"--AMEN!

by Drago, Friday, February 15, 2013, 09:28 (4245 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I'll second that! Really BAD service. I oreded a stock from them some years ago. I was supposed to get an LE discount. When it finally arrived at my work almost two months and a few phone calls later, There was no discount. I called and was told they hadn't received the fax copy of my ID; yet the order itself was written on the same piece of paper with the ID copy that I had faxed to them, STAY AWAY!

Olympic - a local gunsmith lists AR15 brands he refuses

by stonewalrus, Friday, February 15, 2013, 11:58 (4245 days ago) @ Drago

to work on on his website - Olympic is one of them. I think Stag is another.

Outstanding!!

by cable, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 23:06 (4245 days ago) @ mcassill

:-P

Good on them.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, February 15, 2013, 06:43 (4245 days ago) @ mcassill

It may not be much as for real impact but it is a public voicing of our displeasure and I'm all for that!

They ALSO refused to advertise in the FOP magazine...

by Paul ⌂, Friday, February 15, 2013, 09:26 (4245 days ago) @ mcassill

and called them out on the hypocrisy of soliciting advertisement dollars from a company whose business they were attempting to destroy. :-D I hope more companies follow suit.

RSS Feed of thread