Missouri Patriots, It's Time!

by Boge Quinn, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 10:58 (4246 days ago)

From Dem proposed law:

"4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony."

Reading the amendment in its entirety.........DAMN...

by Boge Quinn, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 11:08 (4246 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

(1) "Assault weapon", any:

(a) Semi-automatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:

a. A pistol grip or thumbhole stock;

b. Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand;

c. A folding or telescoping stock; or

d. A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;

There goes ANY semi-auto magazine-fed rifle with a forearm!

Sounds like they copied NY's silly new law.

by cas, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 12:10 (4246 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

It amazes me that in this day and age, with the litigious society we live in, that anyone would write a law requiring you to get injured. That's what the barrel shroud part is really. I've mentioned it to people here, it would make for an interesting personal injury case against the state.

If I'm a rifle instructor by trade, can I call OSHA about the unsafe state requirement?

Pretty near. It won't get 15 feet here. Still, it is...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 12:53 (4246 days ago) @ cas

an excuse to remind our elected idiots who they work for.

But do be sure to make them all cast a vote on it

by mcassill, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 13:12 (4246 days ago) @ Sarge

For too long the NRA has let squishy libs (of both parties) get away with lying on the survey (politicians lie to get endorsements? Who knew??) instead of making them prove their alleged pro-gun bona fides with actual votes.

But do be sure to make them all cast a vote on it

by D. Wheeler @, Central Tx, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 13:47 (4246 days ago) @ mcassill

When this type of legislation arises, regardless of the State,it must be immediately confronted by all gun owners and the State Rifle/Pistol Associations.
Most importantly, the proponents must be quickly targeted for defeat by all gun owners and State Assocciations. Gun Owners must never forget and make believers out of such anal proponents at every opportunity.If anything like this is brought up or passes, and nothing is immediately done,then the gun owners/State Asociations are to blame.

Pretty near. It won't get 15 feet here. Still, it is...

by D. Sikes @, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 17:20 (4245 days ago) @ Sarge

This is what I got back from my congress critter today when I e-mailed him...

"You can count on me! Thanks for the contact. Lyle Rowland

Sent from my iPad"

On Feb 14, 2013, at 11:56 AM, "Don Sikes" <donsikes52@yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear Sir...

What is this mess I read about HB 545 and the ban on semi-automatic rifles and pistols?. Are you in legislature trying to make all us law abiding citizens into criminals now?... "Turn-in of weapons" within 90 days or face prosecution?... no reembursement of the value of the weapons?... I own a farm and keep weapons on hand for varment control and defense of my livestock and my family... Are you saying you are gonna post a LEO on each farm to act as "protection" for which I will no longer be able to perform as a right?

DO NOT LET THIS BILL PASS INTO LAW!!!!

Respectfully,

Don Sikes

Have you seen the other legislation?

by Paul ⌂, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 14:21 (4246 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

On the other side of the equation is a bill that exempts Missouri built/sold/bought firearms from federal laws and charges feds with a felony conviction if they attempt to enforce in Missouri any federal law that goes into effect after January 1, 2013. This promises to be an interesting legislative year.

haven't seen anything anti-gun in TN

by stonewalrus, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 20:13 (4245 days ago) @ Paul

but I've seen things like telling the UN that if they send anybody they will be arrested and that TN will not comply with federal gun laws passed after January 1, 2012. There was one I like that basically said this is what the Constitution said in 17?? when we signed on to be a state and we're sticking to that contract.

So if you have a Reminton 742,

by Drago, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 14:42 (4246 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

And you put a thumbhole stock on it, it's an "assault rifle"????

by D. Sikes @, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 17:17 (4245 days ago) @ Drago

I have a Marlin M60 .22lr that I put a pistol grip stock on it... easier to shoot with it than a straight stock for me... it turned it into an assault rifle according to the bill... and all my pistols are assault weapons according to this bill... even my shotgun is subject to it.

by cas, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 17:36 (4245 days ago) @ Drago

That's about how I explained it to my non gun owning, all democrat, fairly liberal co-workers. "Under NY's new law, if you glue a 3" section of broom handle this way (like a vertical for grip) up front it's illegal. So you can hold a gun with your hand facing this way and it's okay, but if you hold it with you hand facing like this, it's an evil assault weapon." Even they thought it was ridicules.

that won't pass in the that southern state, surely!!??

by cable, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 23:09 (4245 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

:-|

I doubt it, cable, but just like Illinois, NY and

by Paul ⌂, Friday, February 15, 2013, 09:38 (4245 days ago) @ cable

a few other states, the idiots in the large urban areas make life interesting for decent folk. In MO it's Kansas City, Saint Louis and Columbia that seem to be the arbiters of asinine ideas to foist upon the rest of the state. My state rep and state senator both are pro-freedom guys. Our US rep is too, for the most part but McCaskill is a blight on the state, not quite up to the likes of Schumer, Feinstein etc but she's doing her level best to reach that stature.

in Tennessee it is MEMPHIS and to a lesser extent Nashville

by stonewalrus, Saturday, February 16, 2013, 11:35 (4244 days ago) @ Paul

The Memphis politicians don't want their gang member constituents shot cause they would lose their voter base...

RSS Feed of thread