I went fishing on some sites this morning to see if there

by AkRay, Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:13 (4250 days ago)

was anything worth catching. Our local craigslist turned up an ad that said "Smith & Wesson .357." I inquired about the ad asking for some more information, and the response was that it was a S&W .357 with a long barrel. I realized that could mean a lot of things so I arranged to meet with the seller to get a look at it. I was hoping for a trophy with a Model 27 but I ended up with one that wasn't quite a trophy but was still too good to throw back in the form of a Model 28-2. The serial number puts it as made sometime in the late 70s.

[image]

[image]

It's a nice looking gun in great mechanical condition, featuring factory targets and a pinned barrel and recessed chambers. There's bluing wear on the end of the barrel and the high points of the frame, but it's been properly taken care of over the years. I don't know if it came with the target grips but they're a little bit of a bonus either way.

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:47 (4250 days ago) @ AkRay

Ray, you dog ;>) your posts almost always make me jealous. Nice find. Dennis Eugene

So if I happen to be up there during spring break,

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Sunday, February 10, 2013, 18:08 (4250 days ago) @ AkRay

you will want to sell it by then?

Very Nice

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Sunday, February 10, 2013, 19:52 (4249 days ago) @ AkRay

That is very nice, I looked for a long while for one, just couldn't find one that fit the bill. Congrats!

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, February 10, 2013, 21:15 (4249 days ago) @ AkRay

Nice find !!

RSS Feed of thread