Just found a Ruger Vaquero .44 SPL 3 3/4" Stainless 05145

by Jeff Taylor @, Tampa FL, Saturday, February 09, 2013, 10:47 (4251 days ago)
edited by Jeff Taylor, Saturday, February 09, 2013, 10:58

Mike Seaburg had this little jewel sitting on his shelf since the Lipsey's run ended. I snagged it from him and just picked it up Friday. Slapped a set of Scott Kolar burl mesquite stocks on it and man am I happy!!

[image]

Are those the small frame Vaqueros?

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, February 09, 2013, 10:55 (4251 days ago) @ Jeff Taylor

Looks sweet with those grippystockhandlethingies on it.

Yes, New Vaquero smaller frame

by Jeff Taylor @, Tampa FL, Saturday, February 09, 2013, 11:00 (4251 days ago) @ Paul

For some reason the .44 SPL is only marker Ruger Vaguero.
That can be confusing since all other of the smaller frame Vaq's are marked New Vaquero.

I think I need one of those. Such a perfect form for packing

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, February 09, 2013, 12:26 (4251 days ago) @ Jeff Taylor

around and in the ideal caliber. It will last a couple lifetimes, I am sure. Great choice on Scott's Work.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

It just needs two things Rob

by Jeff Taylor @, Tampa FL, Saturday, February 09, 2013, 14:58 (4251 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

First is some black circles on the front of the cylinder and second is some appropriate leather.

--
Colonel, USAF (Ret)
NRA Life Member

Well send itn here, I can do both:-)

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, February 09, 2013, 15:14 (4251 days ago) @ Jeff Taylor

.;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Yessir, I bet you can!

by Jeff Taylor @, Tampa FL, Saturday, February 09, 2013, 15:59 (4251 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I'm going to have to handle the black circles myself though.
Perhaps a cattleman in a color to match the grips.

--
Colonel, USAF (Ret)
NRA Life Member

Sweet! Looks like my Montado...

by rob @, Saturday, February 09, 2013, 21:02 (4250 days ago) @ Jeff Taylor

except mine still has the factory stocks. I need to get some pretty wood on mine. I really prefer the more tradition hammer like yours over the SBH'ish style on mine but I will probably leave that as is. Beautiful, functional little sixgun. I was all about the 45 Colt back then but I've come full circle back to the 44 Magnum. I'd love for mine to be a 44 Special but it would cost more to convert it than just use it as is. My plan is to get a mould for a 230 grain 45 ACP TC for my ACP's and work up a good load for the Montado using the same bullet...trying to simplify my casting chores.

RSS Feed of thread