by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Saturday, February 02, 2013, 17:51 (4258 days ago)

Well I swapped out my ejector last night, will see how it shoots tomorrow, the extractor will hold a loaded 230gr round, if I shake the pistol the round will fall out, but if I don't it stays put. I also now have a Wilson Combat magazine, I will be picking more of these up as they are available.

Dave B

Hope everything works out OK.

by FOG, Saturday, February 02, 2013, 22:53 (4258 days ago) @ Dave B

Generally speaking, changing three or more things at one time makes it at least that much harder to track down the cause of anything,

That includes feeding problems with a 1911-type pistol (probably especially last-round feeding problems...)

Unless it had come loose or something, your original ejector was probably just fine.

Similarly, I doubt your extractor was a problem, but it now sounds like it might be. The 'shake test' is not very reliable. In fact, the 'spec' doesn't involve any shaking at all...

The Wilson magazine may be your 'last and only' hope.

Good luck.

I think you'll probably need it...

--
[image]

shaking test? There's no shake test for 1911s

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, February 02, 2013, 23:27 (4258 days ago) @ FOG

;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Not on this side of the border...

by FOG, Saturday, February 02, 2013, 23:35 (4258 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Unless you're from the 'South Side', that is...

[image]

--
[image]

The ejector was peened pretty good

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Saturday, February 02, 2013, 23:45 (4258 days ago) @ FOG

I have tried one thing at a time, with the exception of replacing the ejector and magazine, everything else was a try and pass/fail. I know the shake test is unreliable, was really trying to make sure that the last go around prior to the ejector, I didn't tune the extractor too much.

RSS Feed of thread