Hacker's Anonymous agree with us on some principles:

by cable, Saturday, January 26, 2013, 13:21 (4265 days ago)

their concern with the governments erosion of rights etc. is mainly concerned with the internet and freedom of speech, but many of these young folks are very liberty/libertarian oriented, and as such may well be allies for protection of the entire Bill of Rights and Constitution;

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57566003/hackers-take-over-govt-website-to-avenge-s...

this was part of their statement:

"Citizens of the world,

Anonymous has observed for some time now the trajectory of justice in the United States with growing concern. We have marked the departure of this system from the noble ideals in which it was born and enshrined. We have seen the erosion of due process, the dilution of constitutional rights, the usurpation of the rightful authority of courts by the "discretion" or prosecutors. We have seen how the law is wielded less and less to uphold justice, and more and more to exercise control, authority and power in the interests of oppression or personal gain."

a lot to agree with there.

might get myself one of these and frame it:

by cable, Saturday, January 26, 2013, 13:35 (4265 days ago) @ cable

http://www.americanfrontierart.blogspot.com/

[image]

he gets 20$ for those:

www.kenscottpouches.blogspot.com

This print is available for immediate shipping to you. Size: 8.5" x11" on heavy cover stock and can be trimmed down to fit in a standard 8" x10" frame. The copyright line is not printed on your print.
$20
FREE shipping!
To order, contact me at kenscottart@att.net

The trouble with 'Anonymous' isn't so much their message...

by FOG, Sunday, January 27, 2013, 20:00 (4264 days ago) @ cable

It's their methods.

I don't think one can ever hope to get very far in any system trying to tear it down.

That is 'Radicalism', not 'Activism'.

Activists work within the system to promote changes (sometimes even positive changes).

Radicals are generally 'unemployable' (and in more ways than one).

There is, though, a lot to agree with in the text quoted by cable.

--
[image]

i agree. their methods may doom them.

by cable, Sunday, January 27, 2013, 20:12 (4264 days ago) @ FOG

:-|

RSS Feed of thread