Gentlemen:

by Catoosa, Sunday, January 20, 2013, 23:09 (4270 days ago)

In my post below titled "Contemplating the Amish assault rifle concept", I had absolutely NO intention of suggesting that anyone hold still for the restricting of any type of firearm. I merely had an idea for a neat rifle that I wish someone would make, because I am an admirer of the .223 cartridge as a settled-area varmint and utility round, and have also always liked the old Savage leverguns.

If anyone was offended by my post, sorry about that. We are in a fight for our liberty, and most likely for our lives as well, because I do not think that many of us will give up our liberty without putting our lives on the line to preserve it.

At least I hope not.

my wife and I both are adamant against an AR type ban

by stonewalrus, Monday, January 21, 2013, 01:43 (4270 days ago) @ Catoosa

I have no desire for one personally and I can guarantee my wife doesn't! I will continue to fight tooth and nail against a ban (I do have others in my stable that would probably be lumped into a ban). There are other 223 platforms that would interest me as well. 223 is a neat little efficient cartridge.

my wife and I both are adamant against an AR type ban

by Frank S, Monday, January 21, 2013, 07:15 (4270 days ago) @ stonewalrus

[image]
a photo from the Indianapolis Rally says it all.....

No worries

by Jhenry, Monday, January 21, 2013, 08:33 (4270 days ago) @ Catoosa

We need to fight these folks right to the end.

That being said, I do wish Remington would make an appropriately scaled down 7600 in .223 and ship it with 5 round and 20 round magazines. Not some matte blue and polymer thing either. Nice walnut and a decent blue.

A scaled down 7600 or 7400 would be great - sort of like

by stonewalrus, Monday, January 21, 2013, 10:24 (4270 days ago) @ Jhenry

The petite Browning 22 rifle.

Baby Browning BAR

by Otony, Monday, January 21, 2013, 11:13 (4270 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I made this suggestion over on The High Road a few years back. Browning/FN should scale down their BAR to .223 size, build it to accept AR magazines, and offer two versions. The first being a typical Browning, high gloss and polish. The second to emulate a WWII BAR, with parkerized metal and smooth, oil finished walnut.

I am willing to bet both versions would sell like hotcakes.

Of course that sort of brings me back to my favorite wild idea. Take a Winchester 42 or a Browning .410 BPS, and rework either into a pump .30-30 rifle. Add a spiral magazine like a Remington 141 and chamber either to .223, what's not to like?

Otony

Baby Browning BAR

by Jhenry, Monday, January 21, 2013, 17:06 (4270 days ago) @ Otony

I particularly like the dual BAR option in .223, a great idea.

If only every manufacturer would market a decent semi auto in .223 with the capability to take a large magazine and sell them at a decent price we could be in tall cotton.

Nice walnut.............

by Byron, Monday, January 21, 2013, 11:11 (4270 days ago) @ Jhenry

[image]

I like it.

Byron

I like that too!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, January 21, 2013, 13:14 (4270 days ago) @ Byron

America's Rifle.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

DANG! Byron.............

by Catoosa, Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 09:14 (4269 days ago) @ Byron

Where did THAT come from?

Never admired the looks of the AR before, but that thing is slick!

And when Turnbull gets ahold of one...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 12:13 (4269 days ago) @ Catoosa

[image]

Not offended at all. My response

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, January 21, 2013, 09:53 (4270 days ago) @ Catoosa

was not intended to be directed at you Gordon.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I have a 94 Winchester, a 45 Single Action...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Monday, January 21, 2013, 17:15 (4270 days ago) @ Catoosa

and a reloader. All else is incidental.

RSS Feed of thread