I have a question on "N" frame S&W round butt grips

by Alfred John, Saturday, January 19, 2013, 17:29 (4272 days ago)

I was going through some of my hand guns and looking at my N-frames I have two that were special runs, as 4" in .45 ACP and one in .44 Special. I cannot find my book on the special one that was called the Thunder Ranch Special. I liked the grips they and have never been able to locate any. I was thinking of getting some of the boot grips, wood would be nice, but will settle for rubber, like Uncle Mikes. They make a more compact carrying gun with smaller boot grips. Any suggestions would be welcome. Just wondering. ATB.......

IIRXC they came with Ahrends wood. Eagle's sectret service

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, January 19, 2013, 17:48 (4272 days ago) @ Alfred John

or better yet Boot grips are superior. I have used good old pachmayr compacts as a stand in until I could afford wood stocks and they work well.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I'm pretty sure the S&W TRS revolvers came with...

by FOG, Saturday, January 19, 2013, 17:54 (4272 days ago) @ Alfred John

Grips by made Ahrends.

[image]
Photo Credit: Ahrends Grips

HTH :-)

PS: These grips also came on the M329 AirLite and probably others,
so you might find 'used' sets for sale on forums or FleaBay.

--
[image]

Spegel grips are what you want for RB, low profile

by brionic @, Saturday, January 19, 2013, 17:59 (4272 days ago) @ Alfred John

He invented the "boot grip" profile. Eagle, as far as I know, copied his design without acknowledging or compensating him.

Craig's grips are affordable and made one at a time. Good guy to deal with!

http://www.craigspegel.com

I have a question on "N" frame S&W round butt grips

by Alfred John, Sunday, January 20, 2013, 08:39 (4271 days ago) @ Alfred John

Thank you for responding to my question on the N frame round butt grips. It was what I was looking. All the Best and thanks. AJ.....

RSS Feed of thread