SHOT Show Coverage on Gunblast

by Drago, Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 03:02 (4275 days ago)

I've been checking the Quinn boys' coverage of the SHOT Show. So Far, I haven't seen much of anything to get excited about. A bunch of AR's. A few pistols with colored frames. Is it just me?

I had to laugh seeing ALL the AR platforms;Jim Zumbo REALLY

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 09:01 (4275 days ago) @ Drago

Called it wrong. For instance the 25-45 Sharps a 25 cal bullet (Missed the bullet wght) at 3000 FPS out of standard AR mags BCG etc 25-06 AR...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I'm with you - have they run out of ideas?

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 13:42 (4275 days ago) @ Drago

And cummon Ruger - a lavender LCP and LC9!?! I had a bright blue 32 Keltec at one time. First time I showed it to my sister-in-law she said "is that a real gun?"

Blue handguns are a very bad idea ...

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 20:14 (4275 days ago) @ stonewalrus

since that's the accepted color of an inert training gun.

Good point. fortunately with the Keltec I could switch

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 20:59 (4275 days ago) @ Warhawk

The grip frame to black.

Proly not but, small arms development has been SEVERALY

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, January 18, 2013, 18:30 (4273 days ago) @ stonewalrus

hampered in this country by the regressive gun laws since 1934 ...The good part is the we finally have very reliable ARs...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Speaking for myself only...

by FOG, Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 18:22 (4275 days ago) @ Drago

I think 'new' goods of all types appear increasingly 'foreign' as I get older.

Not just in the looks department, either. Sometimes, it's a matter of 'taste'.

Take, for example, soaps and shampoos.

'Back in the day', there were several common brands that were at least 'neutral' in terms of scent, but nowadays it's pretty tough to find one that doesn't smell like a basket of flowers (a.k.a., 'girly').

Evidently, that's what today's younger men and boys tend to prefer, but I sometimes wonder if they just aren't being given enough choices. Or perhaps the right ones, I'm not sure.

As for the SHOT Show, I looked at the pics at Gunblast but not the videos. There were a few 'old friends' still represented in several of them, and a lot of new guns, too, so the pictorial coverage seemed well-balanced to me. (The show itself might not be, I really couldn't tell.)

In the 'OMG' Category, I did notice Weatherby's Skull-Pattern stock. I even looked for a bigger picture of one to verify what I was seeing. I think it's pretty far over the top, but I'm an old fart; I can also see how some might think it's just funny. Perhaps even 'cool', I'm not sure.

I do think a very large measure of the explosion in popularity of the AR and similar weapons is a direct result of the 1994 'ban', the 2008 and 2012 elections, and all the other Zumboisms that have come to pass in the meantime.

--
[image]

Hey Drago, If you cant find anyrthing to get excited about

by Marc2, Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 21:21 (4275 days ago) @ Drago

check out the Day 1 video at about 13:30. If that doesnt get you excited your dead!!

You mean Melissa?

by Drago, Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 21:44 (4275 days ago) @ Marc2

:-D

You mean Melissa?

by Marc2, Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 22:38 (4275 days ago) @ Drago

Yeah,
:-)

OUTSTANDING camera work by Boge

by brionic @, Thursday, January 17, 2013, 13:20 (4274 days ago) @ Marc2

He captured the subtleties - or something like that!

I'm surprised by how steady he was...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, January 17, 2013, 14:26 (4274 days ago) @ brionic

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I'm surprised by how steady he was...

by Drago, Friday, January 18, 2013, 21:20 (4273 days ago) @ Hobie

Well... he is married now, and when you post videos to Youtube, what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas! :-D

RSS Feed of thread