A friend just made a smokin' deal on a 27-3

by Otony, Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 10:45 (4276 days ago)

He called me an hour or so ago to inquire as to whether or not $375 was a decent price for a clean, nickel Smith 27-3 with 6" (6.5"?) barrel. I started babbling which he took for an ok, and he turned around and picked it up.

Older gentleman had it, he used to run a pawn shop, insisted he needed to get 375 to break even. I'll bet you dimes to donuts he still made a profit but everyone is happy. I'm supposed to see it tonight. Has Hogue or Pachmayr grips, but that will soon be rectified.

Otony

Almost forgot to mention, the old boy dragged it into the hospital where my buddy works, wrapped in a paper bag. Not quite an onion sack, but it will do......

Indeed!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 11:31 (4276 days ago) @ Otony

"Smokin" doesn't begin to describe that deal....

Pretty cool...

by FOG, Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 13:32 (4276 days ago) @ Otony

That's a very good deal on a 27-3 of any barrel length.

The 27-3 fell under the Lear-Siegler edict that led to the demise of the ever-popular 3½" and 5" barrels. The move also 'killed' the 6½", leaving only 4", 6", and 8⅜" barrels in most of the lineup of S&W revolvers larger than a J-frame.

So, I'm guessing that one has a 6" barrel, but it's a heckuva deal any way you slice it. [image]

--
[image]

RSS Feed of thread