Sixgun - Levergun Combo

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Saturday, January 12, 2013, 17:03 (4279 days ago)

What is your oddest sixgun/levergun combo? Well here is mine. They are both Uberti replicas imported by Cimarron Firearms of Fredricksburg, Texas. And both are chambered for the .38 Special cartridge.

The sixgun is a replica of a Colt 1851 Navy that is a Richards Mason cartridge conversion. This was a very popular and low cost modification to allow an old cap and ball sixgun to fire cartridges.

The levergun is a replica of a Winchester Model 1866 yellowboy. This one is a trapper, with a 16 inch barrel.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Sixgun - Levergun Combo

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, January 12, 2013, 18:43 (4279 days ago) @ Warhawk

Here is my 1866 rifle along with the Marlin 1894, both 45 Colt

[image]

Then there are these old Marlin's:

[image]

Matching handgun in 45 Colt and 32-20 are modern Rugers so I guess they don't qualify as "old".

[image]

[image]

Sixgun - Levergun Combo

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Sunday, January 13, 2013, 22:59 (4278 days ago) @ Cherokee

Very nice! I have always wanted a complete outfit of guns that are appropriate for the Buffalo hunting era. These two would have been state of the art in 1871, the year the 1874 Sharps came out.

I'm not completely satisfied with the caliber, but these would have mostly likely both been rimfire guns in 1871. I thought about 44 Special or 45 Colt, but I would have been tempted to hunt with them, at least the rifle. In 38 Special they are strictly fun guns.

Don't have pictures...

by Brian A, Sunday, January 13, 2013, 08:47 (4278 days ago) @ Warhawk

But have an unusual, low buck, combination consisting of a Remington Model 25 and a Colt, Police Positive Special, both in 32-20. They have fair exteriors, but are internally excellent and fully capable of taking headshots on squirrels as far as I am willing to attempt a shot. Paid $100 for the Remington and $150 for the Colt. I do appreciate the beautiful pictures of the fine examples of the gun makers art, but cannot afford such things myself at this time.

Same boat here - my combo is a Rossi 357 lever action

by stonewalrus, Sunday, January 13, 2013, 10:31 (4278 days ago) @ Brian A

And a Ruger Security Six. My son has gone the more modern route - a 40 Glock and a Beretta Storm.

My first "combo" was

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Sunday, January 13, 2013, 23:03 (4278 days ago) @ Brian A

A Ruger 44 Carbine, and a 5 inch Super Blackhawk. This would have been about 1978, I was working in a gunshop while going to college and both were trade ins. I killed my first deer with that 44 Carbine and once killed a washtub sized snapping turtle with the Super Blackhawk.

Now I can't remember what become of either one, but I'm sure I traded them on the next something or another that caught my eye.

fabulous!

by cable, Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 00:48 (4276 days ago) @ Warhawk

:-)

RSS Feed of thread