FS: S&W 629-4, 4" bbl, 44 mag, stainless steel

by matt/pa @, Saturday, January 12, 2013, 16:59 (4279 days ago)

FS: S&W model 629-4 44 mag with the desirable 4" barrel. It is a stainless steel gun but more of a brushed stainless than the standard shiny stainless. This gun as Hogue target grips, target trigger, target hammer, red ramp front sight and white outline rear sight. No box or papers. Gun has been fired but not much. Lock up is tight and timing is spot on. This still has the hammer-mounted firing pin so it is pre-MIM, though the target trigger appears to be MIM, so likely a transition gun. No significant wear on it other than some handling marks here and there, as seen in pictures.

Asking $775, shipped to your FFL.

These 4" 629s are getting harder and harder to find.

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

First "I'll take it" email to bigbore45colt @ ptd.net (remove the space in front and after the @) gets it. Payment by USPS Money Order, cashier's check, or certified funds. Feel free to email with any questions.

I will leave this here for a few days and, if unsold, will take to auction.

Thanks for looking!

Matt/PA

Another 'End of an Era' Classic S&W...

by FOG, Sunday, January 13, 2013, 03:40 (4278 days ago) @ matt/pa

I suppose you know, but if the back surface of the trigger pad is 'smooth' (not 'hollow'), then the trigger is forged. Either way, the trigger is apparently 'flash-chrome-plated'.

And either way, that is one nice 44 'Packin' Pistol'. For the man who likes 'modern' classics, that one is pretty darn hard to beat.

Good luck with the sale.

--
[image]

RSS Feed of thread