Best friends and gunfighters.......

by Byron, Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 18:55 (4669 days ago)

Alex and Caitlyn were always best friends. They loved each other as few brothers and sisters did. He "watched" out for her when the boys started sniffing around and she coached him on girls and clothes. As children they were almost always together. He gave her her first "silver dollar salute". Good lord, they were beautiful together.

[image]

About 20 years later...

[image]

Last year we were all so shocked stupid that we didn't know to eat when we were hungry. This year we know how much of Christmas she was part of and miss her so much. My wife and I have been on the verge of tears for the past two weeks.

Send some positive vibes this way, please, it always helps. Please remember our other sixgun brother who lost his son this year. These times try ones character.

Don't close the year with any loose ends with anyone important to you. Things happen fast.

Byron

Christmas

by JLF @, Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 19:48 (4669 days ago) @ Byron

The bad news is that next Christmas will be painfull too. The not-so-bad news is that it won't be quite as painfull as this one. It's how this works. Still, I wish you good Sir, and your family, the best possible Christmas, and a better New Year.

JLF

Thanks, Charles.....

by Byron, Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 20:34 (4669 days ago) @ JLF

My sister lives in Kingsville...

Next time I visit her I would enjoy the opportunity to drive a bit south and have lunch with you...

Thanks for you kind thoughts...

Byron

I lost my brother over 20 years ago. His birthday in 20 Dec

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 21:07 (4669 days ago) @ Byron

always a bitter sweet time of year. You folks are in my prayers & thoughts.
Rob

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

God bless you all and comfort you Byron...

by Sarge, Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 23:39 (4669 days ago) @ Byron

I lost two sisters a day apart a couple of years ago, so I can only begin to understand what you're going through there. Jack is right... it'll still hurt, but it'll hurt a little less every year. Thanks for sharing photos of your pride and joy; and when you can, take comfort in the fact that we hold you near as a brother here.

by Woodswalker ⌂ @, the Great North'Wet', Thursday, December 22, 2011, 12:05 (4668 days ago) @ Byron

Byron,

I can tell you that 30 years from now it will still bring tears and heartache, but you will always remember the good parts and the aches will ease a bit each year. time mellows but does not remove.

You and others are in the prayers.

Aaron

--
Reheating pizza – sheesh. Totally destroys the delicate flavor.

A Smith and Wesson beats 5 aces...

Woodswalker AKA AaronE

by Westley DEBORD @, United States, Thursday, December 22, 2011, 13:53 (4668 days ago) @ Byron

Byron
Christmas is ALWAYS the hardest time, your in my thoughts and prayers.

RSS Feed of thread