Notes from the gun shop... (I thought some would interest

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, January 07, 2013, 19:44 (4284 days ago)
edited by Hobie, Monday, January 07, 2013, 21:45

you guys)...

Another day at the gun shop, 15+ more guns out the door, more ammo out the door, more people calling wondering why we don't have AR-15s in the racks or when it might be that we will have some in the racks. Boss man has sold many stripped uppers at $155.00 since last Thursday, we shipped 4 out today. Currently 2 FNH 20 Round Magazines SCAR 17S are at $205.00. That's for 2, 20-round magazines. We had a full parking lot most of the day, a full store most of the day, no time to sit down, few opportunities to take a drink, and some of us didn't even get to eat lunch. We also worked an hour late taking care of people waiting on us to wait on them at closing time.

Our distributors are unable to keep up with demand either. 2-4 day turn-around on orders has gone to a minimum of 2-week turn-around and they lost that battle with only some of the stuff ordered 2-weeks ago coming in today. Even if the distributors have the stuff they can't pack and ship it fast enough to keep up with demand at our end.

Business has been at least 4X last year at this time every business day since 14 December. More and more people are getting the word about pending/proposed gun legislation and more and more people are acting to get theirs before they can't. Also, more and more people are getting ticked off at the "stupid" government (i.e. legislators and President) for their actions. It doesn't help that more and more people are also noticing that their take-home pay has declined due to the withholding change. Yes, this includes people with last year's Obama stickers on the bumper. Race, creed, gender, sexual-orientation, income level, are seemingly no barrier to this visceral disgust at what is happening in Washington, D.C.

What neat, old guns have come through the shop? Well there, is a pre-lock, pre-MIM S&W 686 snub and a S&W .32 H&R (4") in the case. We have a milled receiver AK-47 type rifle from Century Arms, a Winchester Model 97 in good shape except for a missing butt-plate and the Poly-choke (not really appreciated by today's shooters), and a very nice Winchester Model 24 12 gauge ($500 cash) in the racks.

PS - One thing I forgot to mention is that Colt is shipping their M4 type rifles with the Slide-fire stocks installed. Colt! $1900. A pretty good buy!!!

I fixed the above to include the link to the magazines. This is an example of the current rush on these items.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by JLF @, Monday, January 07, 2013, 21:42 (4284 days ago) @ Hobie

Take the old 97 and bob it to 20" with a nice crown and brass bead. It will sell faster and for more money than as it is with that poly choke.:)

JLF

I've been thinking of buying it, doing exactly that and

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, January 07, 2013, 21:43 (4284 days ago) @ JLF

either selling it or using it myself. It needs a buttplate. That shouldn't be too much of a problem.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

What does he want for the 97?

by cubrock, Monday, January 07, 2013, 22:11 (4284 days ago) @ Hobie

ntxt

I've forgotten... !!!! I'll go by and found out and let

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 07:30 (4283 days ago) @ cubrock

you know.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Has $350.00 on it. Looks pretty good, huh? ;-D

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 14:03 (4283 days ago) @ cubrock

540-886-3061

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Tempting

by cubrock, Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 14:19 (4283 days ago) @ Hobie

I was up your way less than two weeks ago. Wish I'd dropped by.

You ought to go for it. If you don't, I might and I REALLY

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 14:48 (4283 days ago) @ cubrock

don't need it. :-D

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RE: neat, old guns

by FOG, Monday, January 07, 2013, 22:42 (4284 days ago) @ Hobie

A local 'black rifle' shop sold their business recently, and the new owners, um...diversified the inventory.

(Translation: 'POLY-CHOKEs and POLYTECHs Welcome!')

The upside was a 'sleeper' I found on my first visit in the form of a Smith & Wesson Model 14-6 (K38, Round-butt, 6-in Full-lug barrel, Non-MIM lockwork, No 'lock', Blue finish...End of an era!)

Like new, but no box. No biggie. It came with 'factory' Hogue grips, so I am going to try shooting it sometime.

Sometime soon. ;-)

--
[image]

wow full lug blue...must be a 90s K frame...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 09:27 (4283 days ago) @ FOG

not to many of those.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I think late-90s is right for the Model 14-6.

by FOG, Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 22:28 (4283 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I sold my 'Standard Catalog', but it was the first edition, so it didn't cover guns that late anyway.

I plan to get a new SCSW someday, but for now this Model 14-6 is #CBS0xxx, which I think puts it right where you said: Late 1990s.

Here's a quick pic. :-)

[image]

--
[image]

RB or SB? I have a set of factory finger groves

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 10:21 (4282 days ago) @ FOG

for a sb that would set that off nicely... not that I am schilling... just sayin:-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RB...

by FOG, Wednesday, January 09, 2013, 19:36 (4282 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

But I appreciate the offer. ;-)

--
[image]

Notes from the gun shop... (I thought some would interest

by Frank S, Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 10:11 (4283 days ago) @ Hobie

FWIW I just stopped in to Mcgalliard guns in Muncie Indiana, They had half a dozen AR's and 8 or 10 AK's, the Aks started at 6 bills.
They have a web site if anyone is interested.

mcgalliardguns.com

Have a friend looking for such an item - S&W .32 H&R (4")

by Josh M. @, Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 17:32 (4283 days ago) @ Hobie

Can you email me any gun details and store contact info?

Please and Thanks - JM.

Have a friend looking for such an item - S&W .32 H&R (4")

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 20:05 (4283 days ago) @ Josh M.

http://www.nuckolsgun.com

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread