is there going to be a run on bows and arrows when guns

by stonewalrus, Monday, January 07, 2013, 05:49 (4284 days ago)

And ammo run out? I am concerned that until the guns and ammo supplies straighten up there may be gun shops going under. What are they going to sell when they are out of everything?

Nope, but hammers and axes at Home Depot will disappear.....

by Otony, Monday, January 07, 2013, 06:36 (4284 days ago) @ stonewalrus

......overnight due to loopholes in the law. :eyebrows:

Expect Bowie knives and swords to be next.

We are turning into England faster than you can shake a stick.........

otony

is there going to be a run on bows and arrows when guns

by pokynojoe, Monday, January 07, 2013, 07:06 (4284 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Well Tom, it's already been happening for about the last year and a half.

I've been teaching an ASAP(After School Archery Program)class for quite a few years now. Up until a few years ago, I would average about four to six kids, now I have about 30 every thursday night. It's impossible to find entry level ILF equipment, or any for that matter except very high end stuff. The last riser I bought for one of my students I had to get from England, and that was 8 months ago. Everything has been on back order for quite a few months. Even custom bowyers are doing a brisk business right now.

My niece bought a compact compound bow

by stonewalrus, Monday, January 07, 2013, 09:09 (4284 days ago) @ pokynojoe

At Thanksgiving. She's not real big so it is barely legal for deer. I definitely liked the compact size though!

I'm thinking of starting a mail-order flint ax kit company..

by nv25qJohn Meeker, Monday, January 07, 2013, 09:17 (4284 days ago) @ stonewalrus

or investing in promotional considerations in Backwoods Magazine. Pit traps on access roads to your locale aren't a bad idea, either.

Hammer vs. shovel

by AaronB, Monday, January 07, 2013, 11:04 (4284 days ago) @ Otony

I used to work with a fellow who had once witnessed a knock-down fight on a construction site. One guy grabbed a claw hammer, the other guy grabbed a shovel. The guy with the shovel won. Seems the reach made all the difference.

-AaronB

Almost defeatist...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, January 07, 2013, 11:44 (4284 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I doubt that there will be an American that wants to be armed going without. Maybe not exactly what they desire but a 30-30 Lever gun or Bolt action rifle and a 357 revolver will still suffice.
All I have to say further is where were all these sun shine patriots on election day?:-(

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

shovel versus knife

by stonewalrus, Monday, January 07, 2013, 12:04 (4284 days ago) @ AaronB

My grandfather was on a grand jury where a road crew guy holding a. Shovel was attacked by a man with a knife. Didn't go so well for the guy with the knife - the shovel wielder killed him dead.
Also heard of a case in Arkansas where a guy tried to club a woman who was holding a running chainsaw. I think they did manage to sew his shoulder back on... My father in law knew that woman. She cut pulpwood for a living and definitely knew how to run a chainsaw.

Noah didn't wait until it started raining to build the ark

by stonewalrus, Monday, January 07, 2013, 12:13 (4284 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

But I am afraid there are a few who won't start thinking about buying a gun until /during a major crisis. There's an I-otter-buy in every crowd.

I suspect large numbers valued their gummint check more than

by John K., Monday, January 07, 2013, 12:14 (4284 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

their rights.

Looks like indentured servitude to me and I warrant the feudal lords in Washington are quite happy with the arrangement.

Late 70's, knife vs. baseball bat

by Mark Stevenson, Monday, January 07, 2013, 13:08 (4284 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Early in my working career, I was working on a car dealership in Detroit.
Two ahem, men of clor were having an argument next to our work trailer. One proceeded to brandish a knife. The other reached in his car and produced a baseball bat.
After some tense posturing and feinting the knife wielder made a lunge, the bat handler conked him on the head dropping him like a rock. I don't know if the knife guy survived, I never saw him move even as the paramedics loaded him in the ambulance and drove away.
Being able to engage at distance is one of the key things that advances in arms has shown. The farther you can be from your adversary and still hit him the better.
Gun beats staff/sword, beats knife, beats rock, beats hands.

The Hunger Games really rekindleed interest amongst the

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, January 07, 2013, 14:30 (4284 days ago) @ pokynojoe

young folks in all things archery. Recently, we have had a few get-togethers with family and friends. Happily, the young folks are more interested in shooting archery than playing on the computers. Makes me very happy to see this. We have a couple straw bales and some little steel targets for the Red Riders...also [popular but right now archery is more captivating.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

They want sheep

by Jhenry, Monday, January 07, 2013, 17:28 (4284 days ago) @ John K.

Sheep to shear, and sheep to move where they want when they want.

I am no sheep.

They want sheep

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, January 07, 2013, 18:22 (4284 days ago) @ Jhenry

Problem is that the sheep are bossing the sheepdogs around...

The NRA's member rolls are swelling.

by cas, Monday, January 07, 2013, 19:05 (4284 days ago) @ stonewalrus

As are state and local organizations. While it's good in some ways, these people will be the first to scream "Why didn't you do something?"

I'm not real fond of these folks for many many reasons.

While I'm glad to have their numbers, they're running to the barn door salesman only now that the horse has long since run away.

They want sheep

by Catoosa, Monday, January 07, 2013, 22:39 (4284 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Scratch (or kick) a sheepdog and you get a wolf.....

Woof brother, Woof

by Jhenry, Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 15:58 (4283 days ago) @ Catoosa

RSS Feed of thread