LGS employee: you can larn everthing you need to know about

by stonewalrus, Saturday, December 29, 2012, 12:28 (4293 days ago)

On the internet and then go take the carry permit class. There's no need to go shoot the gun first or take a handgun basics class.

What a moron...

You MIGHT get by with it but that doesn't mean it is correct!

LGS employee: you can larn everthing you need to know about

by Jhenry, Saturday, December 29, 2012, 12:39 (4293 days ago) @ stonewalrus

The most idiotic stuff I ever heard has been in gun shops from counter help.

We suggest training but it is NOT a requirement here

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, December 29, 2012, 13:04 (4293 days ago) @ stonewalrus

in VA. I am told there is, in fact, an on-line course you can take to meet the competency requirement. It is really about WHEN it is LEGAL to use the firearm, not about actually operating the mechanism or shooting skill.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

the customers were a husband and wife

by stonewalrus, Saturday, December 29, 2012, 13:28 (4293 days ago) @ Hobie

It was in reference to the wife who had never fired a gun taking a carry class. Not required to have extra training here either; however, my class had super green shooters too - it was not pretty.

It is never pretty!

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, December 29, 2012, 14:35 (4293 days ago) @ stonewalrus

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I have a good friend who holds CCW classes here.

by Murphy @, Saturday, December 29, 2012, 13:43 (4293 days ago) @ stonewalrus

He became fully certified and gave the first classes in our area when concealed carry became law in Oklahoma.

After about 2 months of holding classes every weekend, I asked him how things were going?

His reply: Well, going great in the classroom. The range is where I'm having a problem, be damned if I ain't wearing two vests when I take them out there. Shook his head and told me 'Murphy, there ain't nothing like seeing a couple show up with 2 brand new Glock's with the hang tags still on em'. They get them out and finally manage to find the magazine release. Its then when one is bound to ask...'Sir, which way does the bullet go in?'

Murphy

I have a good friend who holds CCW classes here.

by Amerileiro, SW MO, Saturday, December 29, 2012, 19:49 (4293 days ago) @ Murphy

That's green, MIGHTY green.

RSS Feed of thread