Most holster worn pistol you have.....

by Byron, Thursday, December 27, 2012, 16:01 (4295 days ago)

This little Erma has been with me for 30 years and like my Swiss Army knife is generally close by....

[image]
[image]

While I see no value to the miniture SAs a subcompac .22 Autoloader is handy to have around...

Shooting wounded deer and all....

Byron

by Otony, Thursday, December 27, 2012, 16:33 (4295 days ago) @ Byron

I think mine is also one of my newest, strangely enough.

My KelTec P32 is a cool little backup to the usual fare, being both reliable and relatively accurate for what it is, but finish durability is nothing to write home to Mom about! In the few months I've owned it ALL the sharp edges are worn shiny bright, and the sides of the slide are showing thinning of the blue.

I'm not concerned about it. I will keep carrying it as is. Sorta wish it was all metal so it would eventually look like a well worn penny.

I will admit to having copied Boge and rubbing out the finish on a Uberti to make it look "salty". Everyone who saw it thought it was the berries, but not all Uberti finishes are so easy to age. Whatever they use on their current Millenium series laughed off Flitz and Mothers! Took a slickin' and kept on tickin'!

Otony

Doggone, completely forgot my.....

by Otony, Thursday, December 27, 2012, 21:53 (4295 days ago) @ Otony

.....Glock 32! All edges on slide are bright, finish on top and sides of slide is thinning, frame is essentially perfect. Been carried and shot....a lot!

This is probably the most worn gun I own, and it was all earned honestly, no Flitz! :-D

Otony

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, December 27, 2012, 17:16 (4295 days ago) @ Byron

My first handgun and the holster I made for it in Highschool in 1958. Not much finish left. Still have them:

[image]

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Thursday, December 27, 2012, 17:57 (4295 days ago) @ Byron

Old Vaquero 45 Colt.

[image]

Sold SIGs

by cas, Thursday, December 27, 2012, 18:07 (4295 days ago) @ Byron

I sold this 220 a few months ago. The 239 a couple years ago.

[image]

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Thursday, December 27, 2012, 20:17 (4295 days ago) @ Byron

I'd say its my 442. That's the one that has the most wear that I've put on it anyways. I've got an original 1858 Remington that has more wear but none of it is mine...

The 442's aluminum frame has the finish worn off of just about every sharp corner. Finish on the cylinder is getting thin and speckled as well. It gets pocket carried A LOT!

[image]

by Catoosa, Thursday, December 27, 2012, 20:57 (4295 days ago) @ Byron

Byron, the only difference between yours and mine is that I apparently have a different holster and the worn spots are in different places!

+1 on the handiness of these little poppers. I have a lot of grass to mow and some of it is quite a way from the house. Always have the little Excam on my belt when I'm ridin' the range on my trusty JD. I seldom shoot snakes, but several times have intercepted BIG snapping turtles headed from the creek up to my bass pond.

Ruger 357 Blackhawk that I got for my 17th birthday.

by MR, Friday, December 28, 2012, 09:46 (4294 days ago) @ Byron

That would have been 1970. Although the 9mm cylinder still looks new and is still in the red pouch.

RSS Feed of thread