ATVs? Any recomendations? Farm and hunting use.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, December 26, 2012, 18:02 (4296 days ago)

I like the 500 Polaris my uncle uses...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Brien1, NW Arkansas, Wednesday, December 26, 2012, 21:46 (4296 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I have been riding a borrowed Prairie 360 while researching what I really want. I am leaning toward a Honda Foreman or Rancher. They do not have a belt type transmission. The larger ATVs are very heavy.
Just my thoughts

Brien

I went with a Honda Rubicon.

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Thursday, December 27, 2012, 06:55 (4295 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I have been very happy with it for everything from working food plots, hunting, pasture burning and maintaining fence. Still for working cattle, nothing beats a good horse.

I went with a Honda Rubicon. Me too!! great machine.

by cable, Thursday, December 27, 2012, 11:18 (4295 days ago) @ Wildcat

;-)

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Thursday, December 27, 2012, 07:45 (4295 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

In terms of reliability and longevity, nothing beats a Honda.

No matter the brand...

by Bud, Thursday, December 27, 2012, 09:14 (4295 days ago) @ Warhawk

make sure you get fuel injection. Carbs, even nowadays, are a big PITA on ATV's.

for me the HOndas have been utterly reliable and ..

by cable, Thursday, December 27, 2012, 11:17 (4295 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

trouble free. I also have a polaris, a good machine, but still needs lots more maintainence than the honda. currently have the honda rubicon, with power steering, no less! comfortable, powerful, user friendly. :-P

by SK grips, Friday, December 28, 2012, 17:55 (4294 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I just bought two Hondas, a 4x4 Foreman and a 4x2 Rancher. Great machines, keep in mind the Polaris is not fuel injected, I considered buying the Polaris, but to be honest, from a quality stanpoint, it could not hols a candle to the Hondas.

At what point do you make the jump . . .

by Kentucky, Sunday, December 30, 2012, 17:43 (4292 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

. . . to something much larger like the John Deere "Gator" lineup?

I can see these being a little large for backwoods hunting use, but for actual farm stuff they are pretty nice. My bro-in-law has had a couple of them, and they were exceedingly useful . . . if kinda pricey.

RSS Feed of thread