AR15 panic buying.....

by Otony, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 17:54 (4304 days ago)

Stopped by Ranch & Home in Milton-Freewater this morning to pick up a few boxes of ammo. Had no problem finding what I wanted, plenty of .223, 7.62x39, 9mm, .45ACP, and .40 S&W.

The young man behind the counter confided to me that he had personally sold fifteen AR rifles the previous evening, and five that morning. A very serious fellow was buying two as we spoke. BTW, it was nine in the morning.

The salesman told me that their main store in Kennewick sold far more than that yesterday. Griggs Hardware in Pasco had eight employees working the counter where there is typically two on a busy day.

I guess I have contributed as well. I purchased a Pink AR stock set for the Girl Child, and a Coyote Brown stock set for the Boy Child. Bought lowers for them both last week, before the panic really set in, so reasonably priced.

I didn't consider it a panic buy, simply time to get down to afore intended business before the whole thing gets ugly. May have bought a few extra lowers to sell on spec to cover my costs. Does that make me a gouger?

Otony

Makes you prepared.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 18:40 (4304 days ago) @ Otony

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

AR15 panic buying.....

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 21:03 (4304 days ago) @ Otony

I stopped at Academy Sports in Texarkana on Monday. They still had plenty of AR's, but no ammo. The clerk said people were carrying out the 223 and 22LR ammo just as quick as they could put it out for sale.

The local shops are only selling 5.56 ammo to locals and fol

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 21:07 (4304 days ago) @ Warhawk

folks that are buying ARs. Local shops are flooded with Phoenix metro-plex types coming up to try and find a deal.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

AR15 panic buying.....

by mcassill, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 22:08 (4304 days ago) @ Otony

I bought a lower on gunbroker a week or so ago; judging from the prices I'm seeing today should have bought a whole stack of them.

Yup, that is the truth!

by Otony, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 22:12 (4304 days ago) @ mcassill

Nm

AR15 panic buying.....

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 05:04 (4303 days ago) @ Otony

I have a buddy who isanassistant manager at. Well stocked local gun shop. He said they sold evey Ar-15 they had, every Glock and AR magazine and most of the two common rifle calibers.

I picked up a lower a few weeks back for Jenny to give me as a Christmas present; wish I would have picked up a coue extras. I bought an AK two weeks ago and am glad I found one when I did. I ordered some mags for it Sunday from AIMSurplus. I tried to pick up some more aluminum mags for my Troy carbine but they were sold out of all metal mags!

Was at the shop this morning and the panic continues

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 09:18 (4303 days ago) @ Otony

apace. I was there an hour, on my off day, and did 2 sales because the 4 other counter guys (including the boss) were busy. I saw 2 ARs go out the door.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I sold a nice older gal a 642 while I was delivering holster

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 12:17 (4303 days ago) @ Hobie

yesterday.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread