Dick's Sporting Goods suspends gun sales

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 12:25 (4304 days ago)

They are truly aptly named.

by Kentucky, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 12:27 (4304 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I went in one once, that was enough.

by MR, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 12:58 (4304 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Pretty much just a ball and bat store anyway.

Cheaper than Dirt just posted they suspended

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 13:06 (4304 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Online gun sales. Wonder what lawyers are chasing Dick's and CTD. I fear it has something to do with Connecticutt.

History Channel has pulled American Guns as well

by Charles, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 13:07 (4304 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

It was a stupid show and I didn't watch it, but it didn't take much for the History Channel to go belly up. I am guessing there were a bunch of left wing executives there, who didn't require much persuading to do what they wanted to do anyway. Now, they don't appear to be left wing, just sensitive and caring.

Discovery Channel, Charles

by Drago, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 20:31 (4304 days ago) @ Charles

You are correct

by Charles, Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 06:12 (4303 days ago) @ Drago

NT

DIX stops sales in Newton only, plus they discontinued

by brionic @, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 13:15 (4304 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

ALL sales of "Modern Sporting Weapons".

Just in time to make a fortune on AR sales, then laugh all the way to the bank. Obviously, they are trying to dodge a bullet and made a calculated business decision, which is their right. They got in and got out quickly, which would be applauded by most savvy businessmen.

I wonder if they will donate any of their millions of firearms revenue to the NRA. Or even to the Special Olympics, or the NOLS. I doubt it.

I went into DICKS for the first time on Black Friday, and I see no reason to ever return considering the multitude of local and online choices.

DIX stops sales in Newton only, plus they discontinued

by Harry O-1, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 14:54 (4304 days ago) @ brionic

They had quite a sale on AR-15's that day. $700 complete. There was a line of people buying them when I was there. Now that they are sold out, its a good time to stop selling them. They aren't likely to get any more that they could sell for that price.

I have never found anything gun-related . . .

by Kentucky, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 18:23 (4304 days ago) @ Harry O-1

. . . at DIX that I couldn't find somewhere else for less.

And I ahve never been treated more rudely anywhere else than I have at DIX, particularly in the gun department.

K

Meh..

by Drago, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 20:30 (4304 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

They don't sell guns here in California anyway. They're just stick and ball store.

RSS Feed of thread