Lead and temptation.

by cas, Saturday, December 17, 2011, 17:39 (4673 days ago)

[image]

My range/club is in the middle of doing lead abatement. Every one of those barrels is chock filled to the top with bullets. Oh momma.

At the rate I cast that would last me a lifetime or three. I do have to wonder how much of it is mine. Also what the retail value of the ammo to fill those barrels is/was.

Lead and temptation.

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Saturday, December 17, 2011, 18:42 (4673 days ago) @ cas

Wow!!! All bullets? With the dirt already sifted out? Man oh man better than a gold mine. Dennis

If that was at my range, one of those would already be in

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, December 17, 2011, 20:02 (4673 days ago) @ cas

the back of my truck. Hope they offer them to the club members. WOW.

No dirt, no stones, just bullets. I assume though..

by cas, Saturday, December 17, 2011, 21:03 (4673 days ago) @ Cherokee

…that them keeping the scrap is figured into the price of the job.

Probably so, but could talk to them, scrap buy price is not

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, December 17, 2011, 21:26 (4673 days ago) @ cas

as high as the scrap dealers sell price.

No dirt, no stones, just bullets. I assume though..

by Mark @, Sunday, December 18, 2011, 07:21 (4673 days ago) @ cas

That's how they did it at the local range near my home. The lead "scrap" was included in the price.
Mark

Lead and temptation.

by Rod M, Thursday, December 22, 2011, 06:31 (4669 days ago) @ cas

I work part time as a Range Officer at a public indoor range. (100 meters indoors, even!) They clean the lead out of the berms every August. This last August they had 50 drums after cleaning 3 of 4 bays - I don't know how many they ended up with. Anyhow, I have 5-5 gallon buckets I was allowed to pull out of one of the drums. I just got a lead furnace and 230 LRN mold, and today I'm going to start melting lead.

Rod M

RSS Feed of thread