I did a little casting today

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, November 23, 2012, 14:40 (4329 days ago)
edited by Rob Leahy, Friday, November 23, 2012, 18:27

[image]
This is my furnace there are many it, but this one is mine
[image]
The Crucible
[image]
My retarded blower: had to retard the intake to get it to blow properly;-)
[image]
rough casting of a 4"Redhawk. I will saw off the sprue, grind, file and polish to size.
Next, a PMR-30! 5.5 flat top 5.5" Super Blackhawk, 4" Sp101 4" 44mag, Taurus 4" Tracker. LC9LM, LCPLM, etc until I just have aluminum form guns in the shop.
Then there will be some gun selling and trading going on!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Friday, November 23, 2012, 16:16 (4329 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Too cool!

by Dennis, Friday, November 23, 2012, 16:51 (4329 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

that is to cool. bet those clean up and from up nicely.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Friday, November 23, 2012, 17:14 (4329 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Where's the copper coils? Sure you're not brewing rather than casting? Better money in the likker than in leather!!

Pretty cool stuff there. I haven't cast any aluminum since middle school. Cast a bunch of silver and gold but the lost wax method may not work so hot for your set-up.

Quite a setup....

by TomC, High Ridge Missouri, Friday, November 23, 2012, 18:20 (4329 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

You're not making moonshine too are you?:-D

Knowing that you would be looking at this....well

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, November 23, 2012, 18:25 (4329 days ago) @ Slow Hand

it ain't jewelry:-( I have seen youtube vids of lost plastic foam for big stuff.

The still is an idea for water to recharge my PV batteries...of course!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by March, Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 21:46 (4324 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Rob,
Have you checked into that 3D printing thing?

Marc

RSS Feed of thread