Any expirience with Ulberti?

by woody, Sunday, November 18, 2012, 17:10 (4334 days ago)

Does anyone have a Ulberti? I'm looking at an 1873 and was wondering about there quality performance etc. I would have to order one so I hesitate with out handling one. I see a few other rifles they make that are interesting. There sharps,1885 highwall and 1876. Thanks for any info.

Any expirience with Ulberti?

by Otony, Sunday, November 18, 2012, 17:19 (4334 days ago) @ woody

I have owned quite a few. Several from the 1970s era (and perhaps very early '80s) had some fit issues, but everything I have had since then has been quite well fitted and finished.

If anything, since Beretta acquired them , their workmanship seems to have improved even more. Have a friend with a SAA clone in .38-40 that is easily one of the nicest revolvers it has been my pleasure to play with.

I toured the factory in 1972 and was suitably impressed then. Can only dream of the improvements since that time.

Fanboy Otony

I've used an Uberti 1866 for 6 years in SASS now with

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, November 18, 2012, 22:15 (4334 days ago) @ woody

out any problems. Great gun and shoots really well. Can't speak for the '73 myself but lots of SASS folks use them.

I bought a used 45 '73

by Bud, Monday, November 19, 2012, 08:26 (4334 days ago) @ Cherokee

that'd been shot in CAS matches 3 times a month for 8 years. I've used it for 5 years now and it is completely reliable and extremely fun to shoot in those matches. The OAL of the cartridge is critical in speed shooting, but not so much in just plinking. I would't mind having another in 38spl as that's what my revolvers are. Uberti's are not junk....maybe not at the USFA level, but fun SA's that are fun to shoot and handle nice.

I've had several...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 07:48 (4333 days ago) @ woody

I couldn't count the number Uberti single actions I've had with just about zero issues. I also had a couple '73 rifles, an 1866 carbine and an 1860 Henry. All gave good service over the years.

Thanks for all the info...

by woody, Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 08:15 (4333 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Looks like I will be saving some money this winter to get one maybe two.

RSS Feed of thread