The flesh is weak.....

by Otony, Sunday, November 11, 2012, 19:42 (4341 days ago)

...or how I blamed it all on Charles. :-D

Even though I am selling off guns like crazy, a few purchases managed to sneak in the door as well.

First of all is a CZ-Slavia 634 air rifle. For the most part, all the airguns here are PCP, single stroke pneumatics, or multi-pumps. I felt a need for an easy to use, pleasant handling spring piston rifle. Looked at various offerings, the Diana 34 and also their 240. Checked out the Beeman R7 (HW30), even looked around for an old HW35. Finally settled on the CZ, which is NOT a magnum class springer and thus has a very pleasant firing cycle. Also very safe to work on, as there is hardly any preload on the spring, so it can be disassembled for a lube tune quite readily.

Second, and most important is another Ruger .44 Special! I didn't feel a need for this so much as an incredible craving. I have two Ruger Specials already, another flattop and a sheriff's model. Plus there is a USFA flattop target nestled in the safe, dreaming of sugarplums no doubt. But of all these SA resolvers in .44, not one had a barrel longer than 4.75", truly a crime against my sensibilities.

So the new flattie sports a 5.5" tube, but not for long, as that is insufficient to my craziness.. As I threatened to do a year or so back, I am going to send this Ruger to Alan Harton along with a new, 7.5" Colt NF barrel to be massaged into a Long Range Wonder. I am thinking Bisley hammer, chamfered cylinder, and some custom grips (maybe an old set of butterscotch micarta.....if I can find them in my garage, sigh).

I have almost pulled the trigger three times today on a Cattleman at Rob's website today but decided to hold off until I get this gun completed....maybe:eyebrows:

Otony

you REALLY should sell that USFA flattop target! [to me!!!]

by cable, Sunday, November 11, 2012, 22:04 (4341 days ago) @ Otony

:-P

huh? huh? pant pant pleeeassse!!!

you REALLY should sell that USFA flattop target! [to me!!!]

by Otony, Sunday, November 11, 2012, 23:29 (4341 days ago) @ cable

Uh-uh-uh, that is my grail gun. I have wanted a flattop target since seeing one for the first time in high school, back in 1969. Of course that was a Colt, and just a photo to boot, but it served up years of dreams.

Last one to go, and I may take it with me! :-D

Otony

yes, my favorite single actions!

by cable, Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 10:46 (4339 days ago) @ Otony

;-)

RSS Feed of thread