Went to the gun store today

by uncowboy, Wednesday, November 07, 2012, 18:27 (4345 days ago)

5 Counter people and 1/2 hour wait to see a gun, They were 5 deep in every line. Then 1 hour wait for NICS to respond. They sold a LOT of guns in NJ today. My friend got a stag arms Lefty AR 15 with some optics and mags. I paid $30.00 for 1 LB of Pyrodex Granulars. Had sticker shock. The last one I bought was $8.00 .J.Michael

by lee jurras @, Hagerman,NM, Wednesday, November 07, 2012, 19:18 (4345 days ago) @ uncowboy

Yes, about all propellants rifle and pistol all run about 26-28 per can (wt. varies)I paid nearly $1 each for 500 Linebaugh cases. Didn't complain, was glad to get them. BO at Starline.:-D

Would that there was such enthusiasum and cash displayed

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, November 07, 2012, 19:41 (4345 days ago) @ uncowboy

for the vote!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

There was but for the "other" side and by those outside

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, November 07, 2012, 19:56 (4345 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

the country.

My wife watching the dire predictions of the new noreaster and said they could just stew in their own pot. They still don't have power and they still don't have FEMA. My wife is NOT happy about the election results.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Running various errands today took me into the vicinity

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, November 07, 2012, 20:12 (4345 days ago) @ uncowboy

and therefore into the confines of three different gun stores. There were clients in each one, but nothing out of the ordinary - except one idiot who got turned down on the NICS check and said something about sending someone else to pick the gun up later in THEIR name, because after all it was for them anyway. Did pick up a brick of small rifle primers, $25. Had the projectiles, brass and powder but no sparking mechanism, that is now remedied. Saw a wide variety of black rifles, they did not seem to be generating any more interest than normal today. Deer season starts this weekend and most of the customers seemed to be focused on that. Saw some guns I've not seen before (surprise, surprise). Also, there was a wide variety of ammo on display at what seemed to be normal for post-2009 prices. It's just a matter of time until the rumor mill heats up and the shelves are bare again. Like a friend said, "It's past time to pick up Sturm, Ruger and Company stock."

FEMA has come and gone.

by cas, Wednesday, November 07, 2012, 21:42 (4345 days ago) @ Hobie

At least to some degree.

WHOA!!

by Kentucky, Thursday, November 08, 2012, 08:23 (4345 days ago) @ Paul

"one idiot who got turned down on the NICS check and said something about sending someone else to pick the gun up later in THEIR name, because after all it was for them anyway"

Man, that is double scary right there.

Whattaya wanna bet the "other guy" wouldn't pass the NICS either?

I get reeeeaaallll nervous around those morons. Almost makes me think there ought to be a provision for a dealer to quickly report such an attempt. Perhaps there is?

Or maybe not...

by Catoosa, Thursday, November 08, 2012, 09:56 (4345 days ago) @ Kentucky

Could also have been a BATFE u/c trying to catch the dealer out on a straw sale. Saw that happen in one of our local stores. This dealer knows what's what and politely told the guy to take a hike. Told me later that he caught that fed smell as soon as the guy started talking.

Yep, we tell 'em, "you can't do that."

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, November 08, 2012, 11:28 (4345 days ago) @ Catoosa

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Gunshop in Murfreesboro TN that normally does

by stonewalrus, Thursday, November 08, 2012, 17:40 (4344 days ago) @ uncowboy

$15,000 on a really good day sold $75,000 worth of guns and ammo yesterday and none of it real high dollar stuff.

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Friday, November 09, 2012, 16:21 (4343 days ago) @ uncowboy

I made the rounds of a few gunshops in the Fort Worth/Weatherford area yesterday. Looking for primers and some Trail Boss powder. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, no crowded stores and didn't see a single person buying a gun. I did see a guy order a handi rifle for his grand daughter.

Then again, I think folks in this part of Texas were pretty well armed before anyone had ever heard of Obama.

RSS Feed of thread