Winchester Dynapoint 22 Mag

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 17:52 (4353 days ago)

Does any one know th MV of this stuff? Dosen't matter rifle or hand gun. Seems my Single Six shoots it very well and it has a pretty good price for rimfire magnum. My S/S really does not like CCI but the regular Remington shoots well. Just got back from Wyoming and noticed all of the replys about the Winchexter Taxticle 22 RF. Thanks to all. Seems like I am shooting rim fire the most at this time and am interested in any diffrent product.

Art

by woody, Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 18:18 (4353 days ago) @ Art
edited by woody, Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 18:22

Art my 5.5 SS loves Dynapoints also. They are on the slower end of velocity. Somewhere around 1600 in a rifle and 1200 in a pistol. Probably shoot good in the single sixes since they are a copper washed lead bullet.

Rick Jamison wrote an article in Shooing Times March 2010 about the .22's and a lot of data on the magnum. He said the dynapoints expanded most like a big game bullet and retain most of its weight. If you can't find the article I can copy and send it too. I reread it every so often.

My Single Six is always with me and most the time loaded with dynapoints. Shot a lot of small game with them. Great for squirrels. I hope to shoot a fox I have on my property this fall with them. My gun also shoots Super X JHP pretty good but not as good as dynapoints. The price is good. 7.98 at Walmart.

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 19:12 (4353 days ago) @ woody

My Barber Shop should have that issue. If not I might ask for a copy. Thanks for the info.

Art

RSS Feed of thread