Colt 38s

by Charles, Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 12:43 (4354 days ago)

[image][image][image]

The 38 Special is my favorite sixgun round. Here are three Colts, a 1947 Officers Model, a 1954 Official Polce and a 1956 Trooper with real Roper grips.

My first large-frame DA Colt...

by Boge Quinn, Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 14:13 (4354 days ago) @ Charles

Colt Officer's Model Heavy Barrel Target 38 with King's upgrades! Mirror front sight, "Cockeyed" hammer, target stocks, and super-slick action. I am told S/N 750XXX dates this sixgun to 1947, but this is only the 2nd Colt DA sixgun I've ever owned so I'm far from an expert on these.

Picked 'er up at the Hardware Store last week, courtesy of my pal Matt in PA. This is one NEAT sixgun, let me tall ya! My brother Mike Hutyra flung a craving on me for these cool King's-converted sixguns, and I can see what the Mad Bohemian sees in them! I took it out yesterday afternoon - didn't put it on paper, but it's deadly on pond lily pads at 50 yards, absolutely did not miss and shot to the sights. I even like the stocks - didn't think I would, but they feel great in the hand. I've read on the Internet (so it MUST be true!) that King's supplied those stocks as well when they did a complete work-over.

A good day, courtesy of Matt!

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

My first large-frame DA Colt...

by Winchester 21 @, Southeastern PA, Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 15:52 (4352 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

So you are the guy who beat me to it. Dang it!!!

Wasn't a complete loss, though. One of Matt's buddies had a couple of boxes of .32 Remington ammo for my 141, which I picked up at the same show where I was going to see the Colt.

Have fun with it and let me know if you tire of playing with it.

I wasn't even planning on buying it...

by Boge Quinn, Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 16:45 (4352 days ago) @ Winchester 21

...I just mentioned to Matt that it was a cool sixgun, and he made me an offer I couldn't refuse!

I wasn't even planning on buying it...

by Winchester21 @, Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 20:34 (4352 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

Darn slow reflexes. I miss out on a lot of good stuff because I fail to move with the correct amount of speed.

Colt 38s

by cubrock, Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 21:54 (4353 days ago) @ Charles

If you ever need to find a new home for the Trooper with Ropers, please email me and name your price. That is a beautiful sixgun and I've wanted its like for some time. :)

steve@groundwaterresourcespllc.com

Colt 38s

by W.R.D., Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 22:05 (4352 days ago) @ Charles

I like those Official Police Colts, had one for a short time and foolishly sold it, looks like the top picture is a 5" also, like my old one.

RSS Feed of thread